Saturday, September 15, 2012

Day 3 of the Thing-a-thon

Today I actually got quite a bit done - so far - may go back to it again in a bit!

Wendy called (Yippee!!!) and that usually - not always - but usually means that we play this game of work our butts off for 15 minutes doing some chore or other, then go play for 45 minutes.  The exception is lunch time when we add in a half hour for lunch too (she takes her half hour at the beginning since she is an hour ahead of me, and I take mine at the end - usually!)

Sure wish I had new batteries (Lithium) for my camera - and definitely see that I'm going to have to go back and put in pix when I do get around to getting new batteries!  In the meantime - sorry - no pix!

First thing I did was to unsew almost everything I did yesterday - which considering how "gathered" everything was - was no major chore!  Only the triangles were in good shape - and those are now all sliced and diced and bagged, ready for trading!


The baby blanket is another project I may return to tonight - or not since I have an hour of FMQ to put in (it's a promise!).  It is looking really cute - and soooooooooooo simple!!!!  I only have the sashing and cornerstones to do and it will be ready as a flimsy!



I also sewed all of my Row by row together - and really love it!  Tomorrow I'm planning on adding borders - maybe cornerstones, probably not - and that will be ready as a flimsy too!!!  This is my Sept UFO, btw.

I also sewed up all my 2.5 " two-sies and joined them all together as foursies.  Have counted them - BUT discovered that somewhere along the way I can't count!  I'm supposed to have a hundred of those doo-dads - and I've only got 70  (actually - 68).  Soo - guess what I need to cut!  Yup - more fabric for my HST/s - although I may do all the other steps first - mostly to see if I can!  And this quilt might be able to be a bit smaller than otherwise thought!  Will see!  Re joining together - the foursies will be sewn to spokes of a larger pinwheel and then that whole thing sewn together in strips.  And about now I REALLY wish I had those batteries since I am NOT that good at explaining what I want to do!

Dinner tonight - I'm doing vegetarian - and mostly what I have on hand - namely, greens, onions, rice, black eyed peas for my protein, and some of Judy's recipe for cornbread (next time I add more cheddar AND more jalapeno!!!!  That is soooooooooooo good!!!!)

Oh yeah - movie for today was Shanghaii Surprise (I like to quilt with a movie) - with (are you ready for this?) Madonna as the heroine.  This is NOT my favorite - and I will probably weed this one out! (Freecycle, here I come!) Especially since I have something like 500 movies on DVD and video (don't ask!).


No comments:

Followers