Thursday, September 13, 2012

Quiltathon - Day 1

Yup - first day of the quiltathon - and as per usual I had several "Mom, would you please...."

Anyway - have my running all done (I HOPE!!!!!) it is now 12:54 PM and my sewing room probably would resemble Judy's BEFORE picture (if Judy posted a before picture!)


(This is the After picture - After I cleaned up a bit!  NOT done - trust me on this one!  it's about the BAGS of odds and ends I have to sort - plus all the stuff to put away that you CAN see!)

Originally I had planned (totally putting the quiltathon out of my mind) to (1) pick beans, greens, dried peas and pack those away for winter, (2) REALLY SCRUB this place - one end to the other and see what I could do about eliminating/decreasing the number of kitty dust mice (some are now approaching the size of small dogs!), (3) cleaning up my sewing room and slicing and dicing my way to freedom - or to getting everything that is NOT yardage put into strips and blocks of various highly used sizes (1.5", 2", 2.5", 3.5" and 4.5" - slices and/or blocks - no bricks, thank you, because I forget I have bricks!)

Hmmm - maybe - like Judy - I'll just keep updating my post throughout the day. 

Game plan:

1 PM: 15 min pick up in kitchen (unload DW and reload as I have time), then slice and dice my way to freedom!  Keep stuff somewhat sorted!

507 PM - KNEW I shouldn't have mentioned Quiltathon - at least not in the same breath with the "Mom, would you please......"  This time it was "Mom, you messed up!!!!" which is the statement I truly hate!  Especially since that means I have to go fix it!  Anyway - I fixed it (hopefully!) and all is ok again!

So - my NEW game plan - (1) fix dinner (I did pick up the kitchen earlier!!!!), eat, then go sew - or slice and dice!  Or at least pretend hard that I am!  (Now if I could only remember what it was I had planned for dinner - am thinking it had to be either vegetarian spagghetti, homemade cheese pizza, or something similar.  I DO know it wasn't fish, though!  I'm out of fish!)

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh, I hate it when that happens.... sewing plans get derailed by "Mom....." or "Hun....." Maybe you'll get some done this evening.

Judy Laquidara said...

There's always tomorrow! :)

Followers