Friday, September 14, 2012

That thingy - Day 2

Yup - not mentioning THAT word again - at least not right now!

Woke up and couldn't sleep - 430 AM  Upstairs tenants must have been studying in their kitchen because when I turned the dishwasher and washing machine on I heard someone get up from the table and venture into the front room!

At any rate - it is now 658 - and MOST of my morning routine is done (except for getting dressed) and NOW I'm sleepy!!!1  Wouldn't you know it!  As in I can't stop yawning!

Think I will collect some zzzzz's though - then up and work on completing those triangles (due the 21st).  Then onward to working on Grandma's Scrap Bag (due on 30th) - and make sure I put in at least an hour doing the all over quilting - probably starting on lesson one - in quilting made easy.  Am thinking that this is something I can do RELATIVELY well - so build up the confidence (VERY shaky) before tackling FMQ - and maybe all over quilt one of my whole cloth fun thingies.  Maybe. As well as doing a sampler block of quilting.  Maybe.

Now that I've designated myself as superwoman (because I ALSO plan on spending 15 minutes out of every hour cleaning this place up!) - I'm going to catch a few zzzz's - am tired after discussing all that!
..............
Now that I'm awake!  (Egads - it is 915 AM

Time to eat, finish tidying up the place (including Friday's change sheets - and laundry!). 

On the menu - apple pancakes!  It's Friday and baked foods day (pancakes are baked on a griddle - hopefully not fried!)

I DO have some required phone calls to make before sewing (business) so will do those then put phone on speaker in the sewing room!  (TG for speaker phones and "walk-around" phones!!!)
........................................................
1148 AM
I think something is wrong with my timer - it said ONE hour!  Longest hour I ever saw!~!!!!

Finished eating, tidyied up kitchen, removed sheets from couch to wash (I had company). 

Pinned together my Sept UFO (I know, I know - not on the list for today!!!!  BUT it is fast and easy!), got my other quilt stuff ready - started removing screwed up stitching on triangles (ugh - sewed right side to wrong side - 24 or 25 triangles worth!) which fortunately I caught BEFORE slicing and dicing!, marked stitching for walking foot (am doing walking foot first - I'm PETRIFIED of FMQ for now - build confidence - build confidence!  Also determined that Grandma's scrap bag is NOT on agenda for this AM - has a LOT to do and I have a LOT of fairly fast hanging on quilt stuff things to do.  STILL no idea re Sept color palette!!!!  Something with fall I think.  Maybe.  Inspiration is GONE!

Next - Make that bed and get my room tidied, then switch to regular foot and stitch that RxR center.  Stitch the rest of the twosies for my Apple Cider quilt.

Now to see if that is what I actually do!
.................................................

12:50 - hmm - maybe it wasn't the timer - maybe it was ME!!!!

Stripped bed - all sheets, etc. in the wash which is doing it's thing!  Bed re-made and room picked up (less than 15 minutes).

Finished pinning together the August baby blanket. 

Sewed the unfinished triangle set. 

Re-threaded and changed needle  - it was skipping stitches.  Probably more than long since time anyway!  UN-sewed the 3rd triangle set. 

So - at this point....
  1. Triangles (3 sets of those papers - each set different) DONE
  2. Apple Cider (did some more - NOT done)
  3. Baby blanket
  4. Row x Row
  5. Walking foot sampler - partially marked on

Oh yeah - neighbour came over to tell me that while I was at my son's wedding (stayed away all night) that upstairs threw a giant party - 50 or more people - drinking, girls - and some of the guys went outside and pee-d on my neighbour's yard (he wasn't home - but he was told about it).  As I told him - if this happens again - or these kids act out again - for them to call the cops!  I really REALLY do wish that everyone would call the cops.  I could (and will) say something to my son - but honestly - what WE say doesn't have nearly as much emphasis as what my neighbours say (apparently the neighbours' - several neighbours - who have young children saw the whole thing - so we are talking indecent exposure here - and that is prosecutable.  Unfortunately the neighbours - some at least are VERY leery of calling the cops - I really wish they would.  I understand why they don't want to - however it honestly needs to be done in order for these kids upstairs to wake up and grow up.

.................................

Frustration!!!!  I just finished sewing up some blocks for the baby quilt, 1 row of my RxR and was working on the 2nd row - when I noticed - all my sewing done thus far (except for the triangles - TG!) was trying to gather itself!  Ugh!  Stopped and rethreaded the bobbin this time (should have done that last time!  Oh well, I DID get the triangle thingies sewn and sliced and diced - ready to trade in next week!

OK - I;m done for the day - just sewed several stupid things - then after digging potatoes and picking collards for supper, managed to slice my finger with the knife!  (WARNING - chiggers are FIERCE!!!!!)   Nothing major - just a minor will bleed all over the quilt if I have the chance!  I'm done!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very intriguing, You are a quite skilled blogger. I have joined your rss feed and look forward to looking for far more of your wonderful post. Also, I've shared your internet web site in my social networks!

Judy D in WA said...

Hope you get oodles of you know what accomplished today. :) Good luck!

Followers