Monday, September 03, 2012

Design Wall 09-03-12

In order - NOT of priority - but in order of how much time I have to work on them - at least until after the wedding - THEN priority!


These are those triangle papers - which we swap.  One is completed, the second is ALMOST done (machine snarled - I need to finish it as soon as I locate the whip and chair to calm that beast!) and the third.... OOPS!  I am supposed to have right sides together.  Well, that didn't happen!  Looks like it is back to the drawing board on that one with me and my trusty little seam ripper!


This one needs some serious meandering quilting and is in a temporary holding pattern - at least until I get the fabric to finish it up - which will be this coming weekend!  I do believe in late wedding gifts, fortunately!



Yes, once again - my Apple Cider quilt is my Leader-Ender project.  Lends itself quite nicely to that - although I will say that every so often my compulsiveness takes over and I whack out a bunch of these!!!!  At this point I need to count and start attaching the small to the large!!!



August's UFO shouldn't take long to complete - a 6 patch baby blanket - EASY PEASY!!!!


And for September - the Row by row I got back from my swap some eons ago!  All I need to do is sew the rows together, slap on some borders, back the daylights out of it, quilt and bind!  I've figured out what colors I want the borders - BUT I'm REALLY REALLY Leery of that red bleeding all over heck and back!  Sure goes well with not only the Navy pattern (has gold and red in it) but also the overall quilt colors too!  BTW - part of this quilt comes from Australia and part from USA - TX as well as my original row and one other - from the midwest!  I love things like that!  The overall pattern looks like fun!  Praying it doesn't bleed!

 
This is Grandma's Scrap Basket all over again!  I need to do some work on it - but won't really have time until next Sunday!  Should be easy to do!  Hopefully!
 
 
This I figure will be worked on the most!  I LOVE Hexies!!!!  My grandmother made a flower garden quilt for me which I dearly loved and which, unfortunately started coming apart in the wash.  This one I hope to either finish - or get approximately close to finishing someday.  EASY to do!!!!  Am debating though whether I want another round on some or on all the flowers - and whether I will use a background of white or other light color between each of the flowers - or just attach the flowers one to the other.
 
Other quilt things for this month include a quilt a long starting the middle of the  month, the August AND the September Color palette's (no ideas - either one!!!!  :(   
 
 

1 comment:

lj_cox said...

These are all really pretty! I love the Grandmother's flower garden hexes.

FWIW I've had very good luck tossing a half-dozen color catchers in the wash with reds that I _knew_ would run.

Followers