Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day 4 - that Quilt thingy!!!!

Pictures will be added to ALL the posts some time Monday .....and today is stash day (published after this post - eventually - 'cause I REALLY want to get my borders on the RxR this AM as well as finish up the last of that little doo-dad baby quilt!

Have decided to loop-de-loop on the borders of a baby quilt I had started some time ago - hopefully I will get to that Ptoo (AFTER I practice a LOT!)

Will post pix when I get around to getting my Lithium batteries!

Am starting on a minimum of sleep since the jokers upstairs decided to party starting at 1 AM and only quieting down after they woke me, I got mad and went up and beat on their door and threatened to call the cops.  Personally I think a brass band starting at 6 AM and playing LOUDLY would only be too good for them!  Especially if it played in their ears!

Am playing with my dd Wendy (like yesterday) - work for 15 then sew for 45.  Somehow makes the housework a bit more palatable!  Maybe.  So far I have laundry going, bathroom scoured, my bed made and room straight.  Mostly because I forgot to set my timer for the 15 minutes part!

Now to sew (am taking my walk-around phone in there since I can't connect up my computer in the sewing room because there are no phone outlets working there!).  First up - baby quilt!
..............................
Sometime after 3 PM
Everything was going great - UNTIL I ate lunch - since then I could hardly drag my legs from one step to another sooooooooo..............  Time for a Nap break!


DID cut the border strips for the RxR - was concerned that I might need 1 -2 other borders (albeit VERY narrow 1" wide unbleached muslin ones) - and so showed Wendy - she thinks it will be fine without.  She was a bit concerned that the gold was fading right into the background - and in truth, online it tends to - but in reality - it looks nice there!  Did find out that I do NOT have a lot of my favorite dark strip - but hopefully enough for a 4.5" border (would have loved a 5.5 or a 6" border - but 4.5" will do - has to - not enough fabric for more!)



Baby blanket - ALMOST done - am at the press everything stage (same for the RxR) then sew the sashing strips between the rows, quilt, and slap on the binding (am thinking may be a self-bound maybe - or if not - then will repeat the gold)

Both will have to wait until later - going to sleep now

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Yup. Absolutely need photos.

Anonymous said...

Wow, amazing blog layout! How long have you ever been blogging for? you made blogging look easy. The full glance of your web site is excellent, as neatly as the content!

Followers