Monday, September 24, 2012

Design Wall for Monday, 09-24-12

1. As usual, I have been procrastinating like crazy about working on my Grandma's Scrapbag Quilt.  As you can see!  This is the main focus for the week (class - last one for THIS project, is Sunday!)

Fortunately it's a fairly easy and hopefully QUICK quilt!  Not planning on doing the final quilting on this one yet!

2. For the color Palette challenge, I have a vote (on 1 of the 3 blacks for background in the CPChallenge). Mind you, I haven't selected the pattern yet - but it will be SMALL! (Table topper? Quiltlet?) This is so that hopefully I can get it done in time! The 3 backgrounds are (or should be) located in the post directly below this one!

3. Re Final Quilting, I have 2 practice pieces (hope to spend at least an hour a day practicing or working on each of the types.  One is for the Walking Foot while the other is for Free Motion Quilting.  I'm scared spitless of both - even though I've had a class on this as well as have had my dd show me.

(The sampler for the FMQ is the top one - and I may re-do the whole thing - goodness knows, I sure need to!)

3a. For the walking foot (1 hour daily): I want to work on:


3b. This next baby quilt I want to finish up my walking foot quilting and then do some FMQ around the edges.


4. As per usual - I have my Leaders/Enders project - only this time I added a trim 5 for every time I go to the cutting board!  (as in I'm getting CLOSER!)

5. Additionally my plans include a CLEANUP of my sewing room!  which is super full of blocks, scraps and what all!  Rather than an all at once free-for all - and since I use Bonnie Hunter's Scrap Saver System (which WORKS!) - I'm spending 15 minutes a day (for the next 50 years probably - but then I'll feel virtuous the entire time because I'm Cleaning Up!).

(Btw - the plastic box is FULL of blocks - all shapes, sizes, stages of finished and not!)

No comments:

Followers