Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Monday's Progress Summary



I thought that in order to keep me moving along I need to report my progress - either on a daily basis - OR on a several times a week basis.....

After I did 15 minutes of clean up (definitely NOT long enough, by any means!), I grabbed the directions to the Scrap Bag quilt.  And promptly got lost in the directions!  I mean, it sounds so simple....  Cut x number of inches from the selvedge edge.  Well, does that mean with Selvedge ON or with selvedge cut off?  As in, I would cut the selvedge off and cut the strips lengthwise - which is what she wanted.  BUT she didn't say that!  The strips ARE to be cut lengthwise but why didn't she just simply say so????  Ugh!!!!



Anyway - I cut and prepared as much as I could (so far - I definitely have LOTS more to do!) Because I KNEW I wasn't going to finish in one day and ... uh, because I know me - at least well enough that I know I would have NO idea what on earth I was doing - I bagged each of the 3 print fabric groups (Binding strips, posts, and blocks and sashing).  HOPEFULLY I won't get things confused all over again!



This is one small group (66) of the granny square backgrounds (yes, that is muslin - I'm using stash and felt that with the fall scrappy look, the muslin blended so much better than a dead white!)

Then I got sidetracked!  Don't even know what I sidetracked on - but that was it for the evening!

No comments:

Followers