Monday, September 10, 2012

Stash report for 09-09-12



This past week has been insanity week - my daughter and son-in-law (aka Wendy and Vince) arrived Tuesday and ate dinner out. 

We spent Wednesday either hiking or literally on the road (one of my famous "shortcuts") to the mall (won't go THAT way again!!!!!! drove for HOURS!)  DID introduce Wendy to one of my favorite quilt fabric places where I "strong-armed" her to buy fabric (honest it did NOT require strongarming ANYONE!)  I was good - but it definitely was a struggle! 

We spent maybe an hour where Wendy reminded me and taught me free motion quilting.  I'm still terrified of it!  VERY TERRIFIED!!!!

Due to the exercise - everyone slept well that night - quite well, in fact!

Thursday we went to Amelia Park - a botanical delight and meandered through there!  Met the master garderner and chatted a while with him!  Very fantastic person! 

Then we journeyed to another of my favorite quilt shops - in Charlotte MA - had a wonderful time!  Wendy wore herself out checking out the lovely fabrics there!  Again - I behaved.  Barely - but I behaved! 

Check in time for Wendy and Vince at the motel in Sturbridge and meeting my "lil Sis" and my brother in law there.

Friday was a runcrazy day, culminating in my heading to Sturbridge where my son and lovely daughter in law married in the hillside gazebo at the Public house, followed by a really fun reception (and yes, I did cry when Nathan asked me to dance with him!  But then Lynn's mom cried when she danced with Lynn too!)  Truly beautiful wedding, truly lovely and caring inlaws and a fantastic daughter in law and son! 

Saturday the Koenigs and Thompson's (my sister and brother in law) took me out for a birthday dinner (no, I'm NOT telling how ancient I am - let's just say that T. rex was still gallivanting around doing handsprings!) - this after a HUGE breakfast at the crackerbarrel that Wendy and Vince treated me to!

Eventually I hugged everyone, wished Nathan and Lynn a happy and blissful honeymoon and we all went our separate directions - Wendy and Vince back to New Brunswick, Karen and my brother in law back to Indiana, Nathan and Lynn to their home.  I waddled back to my car feeling like a cross between where if I EVER saw food again in the next 50 years, that I hoped someone would kick me in the behind and wanting VERY badly to hide or better yet to hide my scales.

All this to say - nothing really sewn.  And I did behave - nothing purchased THIS week - not guaranteeing about next.....

Used This Week: 0 yards
Used This Month: 0 for September
Used Year to Date: 86.505 yards

Added This Week:.0 yards
Added This Month: 0
Added Year to Date: 44.43 yards
Net Used for 2012: 42.075 yards


Figures really the same.  Am doing practice quilts this week and backings on some flimsies I have already - should be some changes next week (backings) - hopefully!

No comments:

Followers