Wednesday, November 28, 2012

And now - it's WEDNESDAY - and it really is!

On the schedule for today - I have a writer's class - and - uh - I haven't written a thing!  Mind you, I am supposed to make a serious commitment to writing if I am taking this class - plus I agreed to write at least one page every morning.  The last class I went to was on October 31 - and it is now November 28.  Mind you, that is a serious number of pages - 29 to be exact!  And how many have I written?  Let's just say - time to change the subject!

Fortunately though I do seem to not have a lot of difficulty with writing - although I definitely remember times when writing was really HARD! 

BUT add to this - I have an assignment - and that one IS harder!  I have to describe HOW I planned an action!  And considering that at the time I was between 3 and 5 years old and now I'm - uh, let's skip that part - just let it be said that I'm definitely older than 3 and 5 years old now!  Anyway - as best as I remember, I didn't really plan.  It just sort of happened.  Sort of.  And, of course, that type of thinking probably was what gave my mother the worst of her headaches!

At any rate - that's what I will be doing this morning - for a while at least!  That and finishing up the last seam on an item and taking pictures and posting them.  (hmmm - I wonder if blog posting counts as being serious with my writing?  At least a page a day?????  Hmmmm!)
.....................................................
This is later in the day (704 PM and I'm more than ready to put my feet up!)

I finished one of my core stories for class today - length - 4 legal size pages - handwritten.  I read that as well as my writing "prompt" assignment in class - not a lot was said except for how descriptive that was and that it was "fine"!  I had quite a bit of problem reading it too - especially since I had a hard time reading my handwriting!  Next time everything gets typed and printed!

I also finished up the main part of the Hurricane Sandy - debating on borders.  If this is to be a charity quilt (it's supposed to be) then I need to add more to it, add borders and so on - to make it a twin size.  If it is to be a table topper (I do like it) - then it's fine the way it is! 



But then I said it was to be a charity quilt.  So maybe another row or 2 of the logs and then 3 borders - one light - about 1.5 in finished, another .5 inches finished and the outside and last one maybe 3 inches finished - which should add 10 inches to the quilt (5 inches each side)

And, yes, the blue horizontal stripe across each row of blocks IS intended - and yes, the ONE green horizontal stripe (on the end) is also intended - sort of an "on purpose" 'mistake'!

After I finished that - and before the borders, I picked up the mail and my movies for the night - and fixed supper (turkey casserole - sort of a turkeyetti with fat noodles), then packaged up the soup (7 quarts broth) for the freezer as well as Ziploc bags - each with 12 ounces turkey in them - and marked for Ravioli, Tamales, Fajitas, Enchiladas - and of course, one for some of the leftover turkeyetti - which I already know I will have a problem finding a place to store!  Everything else is packed away = and my freezer is SOLID!

With luck - tomorrow I'm baking or boiling and pureeing the pumpkins - then drying that in my food dryer sort of like apple butter.  That's with luck!

At this point I am SERIOUSLY thinking of getting a canner - and I positively lust after the All American Pressure Canner!  Costs like sin - but oh my is it a truly lovely canner!

No comments:

Followers