Sunday, November 11, 2012

Stash Report for Week 45 - 11-11-12


I'm sitting here typing my blog and looking out the window at the Veteran's Day Parade going by on a nearby street (leaves that would be in the way are gone, raked up and bagged). And once again I'm reminded of my QOVs which are now in my WIPs - not as many as some folks have - but most certainly more than I've gotten done - of QOVs that is.
I'm not sure what all to do re scheduling these in - but I think I'm going to HAVE to set a time limit for each to be done.  Easiest thing, of course is to say one a month - which really if I STUCK TO IT - wouldn't be that hard.  And therein lies the key - if I STUCK TO IT!!!!!

Around here, though the QOVs are limited to Red, white and blue ONLY - no other colors - and although I have a LOT of blues -  I don't have a lot of Reds - or whites!  Still thinking on this - and still thinking on committing myself to doing this on a regular basis.

MOST of this week I've been sick - and enough so that I didn't want to do ANYTHING!  I DID straighten my house, DID make my bed, DID clean myself up and put on clean clothes - but I really could have cared less!  It is just that those things enable me to lie to myself about how really awful I feel!

At any rate - I didn't get a lot of much done quilting-wise.

Until yesterday - and I worked on the walking foot, did a lot of different patterns on that one - and worked on my walking foot sampler until I grew sick of it! 



It is times like that that I REALLY miss not having 2 working machines! (I freecycled 2 machines, then freecycled an additional one that I truly did not like - so now am back to the one I use!  KNEW this would come back to bite me!  And here it is!)  Still have 8 blocks to work on - but now I know what patterns I would like to use on my Threadhead quilt as well as my Fancy Flowers Placemats (gift for a friend).

So with the half yard added AFTER I published my stash report last week......

11-11-12
Used This Week: 0 yards
Used This Month: 0 yards for November
Used Year to Date: 113.945 yards
Added This Week: 3.5 yards
Added This Month: 3.5 yards for November
Added Year to Date: 51.98 yards
Net Used for 2012: 61.965yards


And of course, NOW that I've typed this in and will publish it - I am starting to feel that overwhelming urge to go to the fabric shop (I will resist! I will resist! I will resist! ) And now I find myself manufacturing excuses..... - uh, reasons to go (I need thread to do quilting......)

No comments:

Followers