Friday, November 30, 2012

December Projects, UFOs and an uh-oh!

As usual I set up a picture file of projects I would LIKE to work on on my computer.  I think if I were a Magician with a high degree of whatever it takes that I might get the job done!  But I'm not!!!!

Judy L. has set up some new requirements for her next year's UFOs (which should be GREAT! - if only I could prioritize!)  Actually this may HELP me to prioritize - either that or I'm going to head down the tubes FAST!!!!! 

Of the 24 projects done the last 2 years - MOST have significant progress made - and I have 19 finishes - at least as far as flimsies - which is most certainly 19 more than I had BEFORE I started on the UFO projects!  (even if 2 were classwork!)

Right now I have a tentative list of projects to work on for next year - made up of items from THIS year and LAST.

Every month I'd like to
1) swap triangles - so that is a given.
2) I also want to do at least one machine quilt - whether with the walking foot or with the FMQ foot
3) I would LIKE to have at least ONE quilt for handwork - whether applique or hand quilting - or my beloved Hexies! (probably hexies!) - something to do in front of the DVD player
4) I would like to also participate in at least one class (well, 3 if I join the Open Sew twice a month! plus the monthly group quilting project - we're doing table runners this next year)
5) I want to work on at least one of the projects that are current WIPs!  No guarantee that I will finish it - just work on it
6) I REALLY need to do some serious sewing for my wardrobe - which is really beginning to show the effects of being worn to death!  Besides I'm tired of a lot of stuff I own!
7) I want to also work on the new project that Vicki does (this year - the color challenge, next year - ???)
8) In addition to all this I want my house to be gorgeous and to achieve world peace - not necessarily in that order!

So there ya have it - the big Uh Oh - I'm in troubbbbbbblllllle now!!!!
...................................
That being said - December project list........

1) December triangle swap

2) Finish up the applique/quilt on the Threadhead mini sampler (needs applique and quilting on the green!)

3) Hexies - finish Thanksgiving sampler for Lynn. Begin one for Wendy?

4). Practice FMQ sampler

 5) Nicole's Couch Quilt - this is for my son and daughter in law - I want to get it quilted!

 6) Class - Twister - last session this year

7) UFO - Springin' All Over - but....


I would REALLY rather work on the Underground RR and finish that one up (need only sashing, borders - and the flimsy will be done!!!)

 or better yet - Twisted Ribbons which is seasonal!

and save the Christmas sampler for next year? When I feel more capable of applique!
8) and it would be nice to work on some other 'almosts' - BUT I'm not counting on it!

No comments:

Followers