Sunday, November 18, 2012

Quiltathon - Day Four

Oh boy, this is really pouring the pressure on!  Day 4!  Already!

I think today I'm starting with my OTHER quilting projects.....

1) I'm behind (again!) on my sampler - so that's first - and I need to catch up!  May post (later) individual pictures of each of the 16 blocks.  Maybe!  That's a LOT of pictures!

2) Threadhead - DEFINITELY want to get this done!

3) LE - get the lilacs all ready and then to sew as LE today!

4) Twister - DEFINITELY want to get this done as well (class is a week from today!) - object here is to have it ready to slice and dice - then this coming week to do just that!

5) I really NEED to work on my sewing project as well. Sigh!  Not a lot to finish - so hopefully will be able to do that.

6) Hurricane Sandy project - uhm - finish this one up I think - debating - one more round? or 2?  one more round will make this 10.5 inches.  Two will make this 13.5 inches (which is why I'm have to put this one all together and so on - then take it either as flimsy or completed quilt - it needs to be 12.5 inches - not more, not less!  Ugh! I used the wrong size strips (forgot I had moved all the 2.5 strips to the drawer ABOVE the one that I used!)

Well - that's the game plan and I had best get my rear in gear!
...........................................
1) Walking foot Sampler is now caught up!  Pleased with MOST (not all - I am having problems with straight lines today!) of what I've done!  Will post pix later - possibly on a separate page one picture each block!


2) Threadhead Sampler Mini-quilt is ALMOST done - will take a picture (probably 2 - one front and one back) when it is.  However I will still have some FMQ to do - which will be later this week!

 
...................................................
Still to go - finish the TH sampler quilt - the walking foot part, Twister - getting it ready for slice and dice (ie, re-sewing 2 seams - they don't quite match - drat it!), then back to Hurricane Sandy for the next 2 rounds. IF there is time - work on Charm Around. And then later - in front of the TV - Hexies!
..........................................
This is later....
1) Finished the walking foot stuff on the TH mini-quilt - still a little bit of FMQ to go - and binding as well. 
Threadhead Mini Quilt Sampler - Finished the remaining 2 corners.
 
Not sure if you can see it - but this is the back - should show all the Stitch in the Ditch that I did

2) Restitched the Twister quilt - uhhhhh - looks about the same - the blocks don't quite match - ALMOST match - but not quite - at least on 2-3 of the rows.  Otherwise looks great.  Am POd tho - because all this will show up when I do the final slice and dice!

3) Hurricane Sandy - along with a little Frogging - because I seem to have a problem of darks staying dark and venture off into the wild unknown of mixing the lights and darks up!  All straight now - but have 1.5 rows left on each of the blocks.  Quit stitching when I realized I stitched the block to the wrong side of the strip!  :P 


Made it to Disk 7 on Cecilia Ahern's If You Could Only See Me Now.  LOVE that story!

For now - am fixing fake crab croquettes, smashed potatoes, beets, maybe some peas, cinnamon apples for dessert!  That and reading probably for the rest of the evening!  More tomorrow!

No comments:

Followers