Sunday, November 25, 2012

Flimsy finish - Sorta!

The sorta means that I will probably need to repair some places where my hexies aren't quite hanging together!  However.... 

This (when it is eventually finished - and has a backing on it) is for my daughter in law.  I had hoped to have it done (including backing PLUS quilting) by Thanksgiving - actually before then! However that didn't happen!  So - she'll have it - plus placemats in time for next year!


Fabric used for Hexies - according to my All-in-One Quilter's Reference tool - I used a little more than 1/4 yard.  However I KNOW I used more than that!  If only because I wasted a heck of a lot by cutting my squares entirely too large!  so - maybe 3/8 yard is what I figure (19 hexies is more than 1/4 yard and less than a half yard.)  The beige fabric is what I MIGHT (or not) use for backing on this.  Provided, of course, that I figure out HOW to attach the backing!

No comments:

Followers