Wednesday, November 28, 2012

It's Tuesday! (but it's really Wednesday!!!!)

As of yesterday evening (sorry about not posting the pix yet - I will - still!), I STILL haven't finished the log cabin quilt - and was tired enough I was getting REALLY STUPID!  Like I couldn't figure out WHY one side of one particular block (there's ALWAYS one!) was shorter than the other side when all the strips were (or should have been) the same width!  Will work on that one today!

The lilac one is done - BUT I still haven't taken pictures yet.  I will though!  Only NOW (of course!) I'm not really sure I like the 9 patch next to the whatever it was that I created!  But it will do nicely! 

So, I decided to do the only logical thing!  I started work again on my UFO - Charm Around.  Keeping in mind that the only commitment here is not necessarily to finish it but to do a significant amount of work on it!  And then, I decided to figure out exactly how many squares I really need!  The original pattern used charms of 5" square (all cotton,  mind you!) and then to stitch triangles made from 4" squares cut diagonally to each of the charm sides.  Which would have been fine - IF the folks sending the swap had really used 5" squares for their charms!  And had used all cotton ONLY!  Instead, I suspect that some of the folks were newbies to quilting - and the "charms" were for the most part 4.5" square - or mostly square with some interesting shapes thrown in.  that plus the fabrics used cotton, polyester blends, some sort of heavy fabric and all varied in terms of weight, thread density and so on.  Nevertheless, I'm putting all of these into the quilt - they came from dear friends with whom I shared many joys, trials, and tears and I miss them all!

Regardless - I'm supposed to have 120 Square in a square (name of the individual block) for this quilt.  BUT because I've had to adjust for sizes and all - it will now be 170 of these blocks!

Next question - how many have I done????  (OK - good question - next question?)
  Needless to say - this one will be "a goodly progress this month"!!!!  And probably evolve into my next LE project!

No comments:

Followers