Friday, November 02, 2012

Today's plans - Maybe......


Part of this I've already done - the rest is what I intend to do - providing, of course, my back holds up!  My back is always a good question - and is why I generally get no more than one 4x4 section of the garden dug up at a time - and then spend the next few days recuperating!

today though, I hope I'm thinking smart.  I got one of those heat/pain patches.  Gotta love those things!  And most certainly would love to build a statue to the person who created them!

Today.....

Garden 
Dig 3 out of the 5 beds - providing, of course! (three now dug! - and I'm done!!!!!)
Harvest the last of the green's 28' x 4' bed (done!) Excepting teeny tiny carrots which will just have to overwinter!)(Marigolds set on porch to dry for seed)
Harvest the last of the beans and peas beds - hang bean vines to finish drying.  (Done) If possible - shell and dry for 1-2 hours in dehydrator.
Butter pea plants - those that haven't already shelled themselves out - lay out to finish drying. (Done) If possible - shell and dry for 1-2 hours in dehydrator.
Prepare beds for leaf dumping by myself and the neighbours (they bring the leaves and dump - until 6" deep in each bed, I cover with cow manure, repeat total of 3 - 4 times then cover with leaves then top soil which kills the odor! Beds - 7 x 28 x 4.  The remaining bed has cabbages in it.

Food preservation (Egads - my kitchen is a HARVEST kitchen all over again!)
Wash, chop, Blanch then Dehydrate - all greens - including chard, etc.
Wash, chop, Blanch then Dehydrate beet greens.  Beets - cook for this weekend!
Wash, chop, Blanch then Dehydrate turnip greens.  Turnips - cook for tonight.  If more than - then just Wash, slice, then Dehydrate turnip slices
Wash, slice, then Dehydrate Radish slices (for salads)
Make Black radish preserves only use what I have (meat condiment)
Wash, slice, then Dehydrate sweet potatoes

Other cooking
Make Challah
Make Sweet potato pie from small sweet potatoes (YUM!)

Dinner: Challah, Mashed turnips with butter, salt, pepper, Greens, Poached salmon, Sweet potato pie

Tomorrow: Breakfast Fried apples, milk, coffee.
Lunch tomorrow: Tossed salad, Hungarian Goulash (a la my mom's style), Dessert - baked apples
Dinner tomorrow: tuna salad, new potatoes, creamed peas, apple something
Snack: popcorn with cheese seasoning

House:
Zone 1: Front porch  (Done), Back steps  (Done), side porch (do tomorrow), Entrance (HALF done) Dining Room (do tomorrow
Straighten Kitchen up (DONE)

Sew:(I'm thinking of collapsing here!!)(I'm kidding!!!!)
1. Halloween stuff (for NEXT year! So maybe it will be done?????)
2. WALKING FOOT (Yeehaw!) - Threadhead!
3. WALKING FOOT (Yeehaw!) - Fancy Flowers Placemats (the flower part)







No comments:

Followers