Sunday, November 04, 2012

It is Sunday, isn't it?

Today has been a bit of mix and mash!



Garden Purchased 14 bags dehydrated cow manure.  Still need more - maybe twice as much.  Unloaded them from the car (TG for wheelbarrows - last year was groaning all the way!) and put next to the place where I'll be using them.

Also flattened out the HUGE mounds of dirt left after I dug potatoes (such as they were!).  Raspberries will be going there! - in rows 4 - 5 foot apart, T posts for stringing electric wire for training - and hopefully containing -  the berry bushes (new canes to grow between wires, old canes to grow on outside of wires because those will get cut back to the ground!)  Will be layering in leaves, manure, more leaves, more manure, even more leaves and some topsoil - and planting 4 - 5 bushes per row!  Hopefully!  I KNOW I have more bushes than that - oy vey do I have more - HOWEVER those I intende to oust from the garden - mostly because they are just plain not only taking up space, but reach out and grab me as I walk by - and that's without bearing a whole lot of fruit in the bargain!  Will probably get this year's lettuce and greens and coles bed (next year's green pea and bean bed) completely done as well.  Which means that NEXT year's Sweet corn, squash, melon and the tomato/pepper/eggplant rows will still need to be done!  Same with next year's greens and coles as well as the potato beds!



Sewing/quilting Also put the walking foot on (this is after spending an HOUR looking for the blasted how to do it book!) and worked a little on my walking foot sampler. Discovered that I have hidden all the safety pins in some nice and safe place - so went to the quilt shop (any excuse will do) and got some more of those. While there I looked for specific fabric for Wendy - which I couldn't find - but am sending her mine because I know she loves it - and I really don't care (plus this gave me a chance to get some more FQ! - I got 2 FQ - one of which I got so I would be over the $10 limit! at least - that's my excuse - and I'm sticking to it!) got lovely lime greens - just yummy! like lime green lollipops!
Now I'm home - and I'm sleepy! lOL - which is understandable - esp considering that I REALLY need to do some serious work on this apartment!

No comments:

Followers