Sunday, December 16, 2012

And for Sunday......

The link for Judy L's stash reports is down (yippeee!!!!!  I don't hafta declare - YET!) but will probably be up before the end of the day.- so that is when I will declare it!  I DID buy some fabric - not a lot - but some!  And I sure hope that I have MORE of the WIPs at least to the flimsy point - AND/OR batting, backing et all added (clear up to the binding!) - so that I can kinda cancel out the amount I bought!  (shouldn't be hard - I've already used ALL the black striations on white that I bought - and am now at the using almost ANYTHING with a white background! as long as it registers light!  Unfortunately that's on the mystery quilt and NOT anywhere near done!)

Times like these I think in terms of my Underground RR quilt which only needs sashing and the rows sewn together, borders put on and it will be ready to quilt.  After all - I can't remember how long it takes me to do the sashing anyway!  And the Charm Around quilt is ALMOST - but not quite (and that's the point) at that point as well!  Besides the UGRR quilt has all the yardage used in the different patterns figured out!  Hmmmm!

OR I could put a backing on the Hurricane Sandy topper and/or the Lilac topper and quilt that.  If I felt like doing the actual quilting (I don't)

Or I could grab a good book and go read!  However as sleepy as I've been lately (has to do with sinusitis, an overly warm apartment when I don't want it to be, and the idiots upstairs stomping in and out - deliberately - on the stairways at 240 AM and 340 AM and 4 something at night for the last few nights (Currently I am thinking of big LOUD brass bands at 5 AM DAILY!!!!) - anyway - as sleepy as I've been - that would mean falling asleep AGAIN - and that would NOT be a good thing since that would mean being awake most of the night!

Re the bread question - yup - the bread refused to rise AT ALL!  Now while whole grain flour tends to be heavier that white flour - this didn't even THINK of rising!  The yeast is dead!  And I'm relegating at least some of it to sourdough bread starter.  Not sure what I will do with the rest.  After all, this yeast has more than had it's time - and the last few times I made anything with it I had to give it extra time for good rising anyway.  Maybe it's time I blew taps over the whole thing!

More later - pix then too

No comments:

Followers