Monday, December 10, 2012

Stash Report - and a bit more - for Week 49 - 12-09-12


This has been a week and a half - and then some! 

I DID get the triangles done.  I also re-learned how to stitch a square in a square - necessitating re-learning how to use the seam ripper!  Drat it!

And with all this - one of my favorite kitties - the lovely tortoise shell one - kept getting sicker and sicker and had stopped eating again.   No matter the enticement (soft kitty food with her favorite flavors, fed to her separately from the other kitties who tend to be gluttons!), she kept losing weight and no longer ate.  I took her to the vet where she was diagnosed with cancer of the liver in pretty advanced stages.  I had her put to sleep - and cried (and still do cry) buckets over her.  She was so sweet and up until I adopted her had really been pushed aside in favor of her sister.  Sasha was only 4.5 years old.  A very young kitty for her diagnosis.

since then, honestly, I haven't felt like quilting now that I don't have my little shadow following me around.  However I most certainly wouldn't wish for her to be suffering the pain that I know she must have suffered and of which I was unaware.

That said, life goes on.  I miss her and loved her dearly just like I love all my other 4 kitties.

49 12-09-12 Used This Week: 2.625 yards/Used This Month: 2.625 yards for December/Used Year to Date: 115.695 + 2.625 = 118.320 yards
Added This Week: 0 yards/Added This Month: 0 yards for November/Added Year to Date: 51.98 yards
Net Used for 2012: 66.340 yards

No comments:

Followers