Saturday, December 15, 2012

Today.................


Today's menu - Great Greek Pasta, salad (broccoli? or cole slaw?), carrots - noon meal, supper - Smashin' Pumpkin Soup with whole wheat rolls and cole slaw.  Both menues from Saving Dinner by Leanne Ely (both are in the Fall menu category - her recipes are FANTASTIC).

The chicken thawing for Great Greek Pasta recipe

Pumpkin in its original form - I STILL need to cook and puree this one!!!!

In the foreground - my NEW water bottle from Flylady.com.  Hopefully the kids I teach will leave THIS one alone!


Making (didn't get it done yesterday!)
Challah
Coffeecake
Bread Pudding from leftover stale breads
Sticky Rolls - ready for the second rising

Challah - ready to rise (first rising)


Food preservation (see re-worked food recipe and preservation page - AFTER I get pix taken!) - no canner yet!  - Dehydrating or freezing......
Pumpkin (see picture above for the Start picture!)
Collards
Broccoli
Pomegranate - making into Grenadine (hopefully!)

Garden (see re-worked garden section - AFTER I get pix taken!)
Taking pix of each main section, 
Make suggestions re each section - goals?
Inventory seed and determine what is needed

House
WHB so it at least LOOKS good! LOL

Quilt - piecework
Mystery - Step 4 of the mystery (I still need white on black - MAYBE)
Ask Wendy re other colors
IF possible - complete last 15 of step 1
Begin Step 2

Press Twister AND any remaining Step 1 4-patches.

Twister - Release row loops at different points and sew together for complete top.  Press.  Use template for re-cutting into NEW Twister shape.  If possible (it won't be today!) sew into rows from the new shapes again.

Quilt - machine quilting
Walking foot - Fancy Flowers placemats - stitch in the ditch the main outlines.  Q? - x the center block? or not?  Outside borders? see if can mark - white line?  Criss cross straight lines OR shattered glass???? - walking foot.

Walking foot sampler - 4 squares - do at least one - starburst.  Would LOVE to find something to do this with...... sigh!

OK - this was SUPPOSED to be just for today!  So - I have just one question - can I clone myself????

Either that or plan on working on THIS list (not counting all the OTHER lists I could make!) for the next month or so!

I will add pix later - as I complete each area!

The "Later" pictures
Menu

Making
Sticky Rolls (Oops!
I forgot to take the Picture BEFORE sampling!)
If this looks like the same picture as the BEFORE picture - it is!  And STILL looks like the mess in my  roaster pan!  Could I have forgotten the YEAST? Or is the yeast not only dead but ready to be buried?

I think it is time to set what yeast I have into a Sour dough solution and let THAT make those little yeasties multiply!  This yeast is getting ANCIENT!!!! and Sourdough will revitalize them!



No comments:

Followers