Tuesday, February 12, 2013

And It's a............. FLIMSY FINISH!!!!! Uh Oh!!!

(SEE NOTE AT END!!! drat it anyway!!!)
......................................................................................
I asked at the quilt shop and everyone there thought that I did NOT need another border - so - it's a FLIMSY FINISH!!!!  And that's one off of my February list and off of this week's quilt projects!

The Pattern is Scrap Basket Blues and was created by Kim Brackett and is one of 18 Jelly Roll friendly patterns in her book Scrap Basket Surprises.

Yardage all told involved 32 strips of 2.5 x 42 assorted blues, 20 strips of 2.5 x 42 whites.  I did add a red border 2.5 strips (I think it was 8 strips I cut but the amount used is actually less than that by the time I got done.


.....................................................
OK - HERE'S THE END NOTE!!!!
You know the old true saying - Measure Twice, cut once?  Well, I measured - but unfortunately I seem to need a course in how to measure!  Width of the quilt is SUPPOSED to be 55"x 65" Minimum.  Wherever I read that it can be 45 x 55 was soooooooooo wrong!!!!  Anyway - the quilt is NOT done!  It will have 2 additional borders - which SHOULD bring it to slightly over the minimum required!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I love that sashing!

Followers