Friday, February 08, 2013

And What's on YOUR needles????

This is my show and tell linked to Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times

My needles FINALLY arrived in their box - Wednesday!  So - Wednesday Evening I finally had a chance to see what I remembered re "how to knit".

LOL - I quickly discovered several things.... I have a BIG problem counting stitches that are already stitched!  I also remember how to (1) add stitches without noticing (I went from 20 to 21 stitches - NO idea where I picked up the extra stitch!), (2) drop stitches without noticing it (I went back to 20 several rows later!), (3) how to add a BUNCH of stitches in short order - still without noticing! (2 rows fine - which was at the earlier 20 stitches - then suddenly I was at 27 stitches - STILL no idea how!), (4)what happens when you put the knitting down for a few minutes (I was thirsty), then pick it up and start knitting again (I apparently turned everything around and was going back the same way I came!), (5) what happens when you can't remember which hand you were doing what with!


 HOWEVER - all that being said (since this is for me, I am NOT taking this out again!), my strangely warped neck scarf is now withing 3 inches of being done! which means that I will learn a new skill - ie, binding it off!



BTW - the NEXT project - I'm not sure WHAT it will be!  Socks?????


2 comments:

Maggie said...

Way to go! I would suggest a hat before you do socks so you can get used to knitting in the round before you have the tiny yarn and heel to worry about.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

How exciting that you are knitting! You did pick a difficult yarn to start up with - all that fuzz makes it hard to see. Maybe next pattern could be another scarf with plainer yarn, Maggie's idea for a hat is good too. Or a bag or facecloths, or, or, or!!! That is the fun thing about knitting - so many fun projects to try! Cheers! Evelyn

Followers