Sunday, February 17, 2013

What's Cookin'???? - Week 6 It's Key Lime Pie!!!

Key Lime Pie is cookin'!!!  That's what!

The original recipe came from Allrecipes.com which I dearly love!  Another thing I dearly love is Judy's Wha'cha Cookin links!  which is why I am posting this (and linking to her website)

Here in MA we can get Key Lime juice - which is hard if not next to impossible to get in IL.
And this recipe is SOOOOOO easy!

1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust

3 C sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup key lime juice
a little bit of grated lime rind, if you've got it!

Mix all together, pour into the pie crust.  Bake 350 for about 8 minutes (DO NOT BROWN).  Chill until cold (that's when it really thickens up!) Serve!

...................................



Oh this is sooooooooooo good!  While I really wanted whipped cream and key lime slices to make it look pretty - I honestly didn't miss it!

The only thing is - while I DID bake it for 8 minutes - I think that I need an oven thermometer - and it could have stayed in just a tad longer!  Nevertheless - it was HARD to wait until it cooled!


Week 7 will be Berries!
Week 8 will be Cinnamon!

No comments:

Followers