Monday, February 11, 2013

And... Wha'cha Readin' Now? - 02-12-13


FINISHED

Audio: Three audio books -
The White Horse Child by Greg Bear
Cell One by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
(Both of these I can play on my TV - audio only and they unfortunately don'T work on my CD player!)
Summer in Tuscany by Elizabeth Adler This is the one I'm currently playing on my CD player

And I'm so totally out of audio books - I have GOT to get some more!!!!



Romance Mystery (QUICK reads)
The Secret of Cypriere Bayou
Bayou Bodyguard



Young adult fantasy
The Circle Opens: Street Magic by Tamora Pierce  I've read this a gazillion times - and still have times when I just want to feel caught up in the book!



Romance 

Katherine's Marriage - DE Stevenson - have read this several times - love her books  ALMOST done
The Empty World - DE Stevenson - This is the first time I've read this - I did NOT like it! It wasn't her usual style and was SUPPOSED to be futuristic.  At the time it was written - that was probably true - (1930's)  But now that we ARE in THAT future - it is so far off base and I REALLY don't like it!

 CURRENT READS:


Science Fiction
Winter Witch by Elaine Cunningham

Other books
The Zenith by Duong Thu Huong I don't really read this straight through - but I am definitely liking this book!

The Spoiler: a novel by Annalena McAfee I didn't get to this one this last week.

The Heat of the Sun by David Rain  The Scope here is from 1920s to the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.   I'm not too far from finishing this.

Other Genre:
Havah - I love this book
He Who Lifts the Skies ( temporarily on hold)
Non-fiction
Encyclopedia of Country Living -by Carla Emery - love this!  Re-read Oddments section as well as the Tree, Vine, Bush section.

LOL - have been checking out new garden catalogs - to see if there is anything I HAVEN'T ordered!  So far I probably have something of every kind of veggie - LOL - whether I like it or not!


No comments:

Followers