Friday, February 01, 2013

What's on YOUR Needles????


OK - I agree - this is the same old same old!  At least the picture (and the reality) is.  The truth is that I can only find ONE knitting needle of this size.  HOWEVEr I have not only ordered the size I needed but also another popular size of needles from LionBrand - as well as a skein of their yarn (yes - it's not Ravelry nor Loopy Ewe - which I sure wish it was - but it is a start at least!).  Unfortunately it hasn't come in yet!  Which means that I will be making a call to the major company shortly to find out when it was sent as well as the tracking number.

Meanwhile I found the most wonderful little shop - only about 3 blocks from me - that has knitting needles (and me who is a tad short of funds at the moment!!!!).  PLUS the lady there TEACHES knitting (even of how to sew socks!)  Also she (the same lady) teaches crochet, embroidery, TATTING, SPINNING, and WEAVING!!!!!

I can see that I will be sharing quilting time with some of the other lovely arts as well!

....................................
Update re needles, etc.
Yay - the company DID decide to send my card stuff through and DID send the needles to me - as of yesterday (ordered several weeks ago!)  Should be recieving this this coming week!  Hopefully!

2 comments:

Maggie said...

So which new hobby are you going to take up first?

Helen said...

Actually - starting knitting (although I REALLY want to do spinning - and weaving - and tatting - and .... and....) Knitting is where I am for the moment at least! LOL - the lady I talked to and I shook hands - since I suspect it will be a long time association!!!!!!

Followers