Monday, February 11, 2013

Stash Report - Week 6 for 02-10-11 OR Oy vey! Am I in Trouble!


Yup!  I'm Definitely in trouble!  

Last week (Thursday - the 7th) I decided to head for the quilt shop!  goal was to purchase several small FQ for my dd who has sent me MANY MANY FQ over the last year and before, and to purchase ONE SMALL piece of fabric for the Mystery Quilt Judy is doing.  Yup - that was the goal!  So - I took all the things I had questions about with me - the possible binding for the placemats as well as the placemats because I wanted a second - or 3rd opinion!  I also took the POSSIBLE fabrics for the mystery quilt - one which I wanted to definitely use (IF I had enough - tape measure had vanished AGAIN!!!!).  

The quilt shop was REALLY busy - and so I'm VERY thankful that Maureen was able to wait on me!  

I quickly found several FQ that would be ideal and got those.  I did NOT have enough of the fabric I wanted for binding - and there wasn't any more of that - so I got some different fabric.

So far so good!

Then we came to the Mystery quilt.  After trying this fabric and that fabric and going back and forth (and turning Maureen's hair gray in the process), while letting M. have a bit of a breather by her helping other customers as they would finish, since my mind wasn't made up, I ended with only one out of all 6 fabrics being used.  I knew I would need more background since I don't purchase 4.0 yards of anything unless really needed.  And I knew I would have to get 4.0 yards of one of the main fabrics - but OH MY!  I will say this - I LOVE the fabrics that we chose!  (almost completely a different color scheme from what I was going to use!)
The only fabric I am using from the original group is the red floral (3rd from the left) - the rest are all new! (4th you can hardly see - and is a glorious rusty cinnamon brown, 5th is a dark beige with red motif and 6th - the highlight fabric - is the green!)



02-10-13 Used This Week:0 yard
Used This Month: 0 yard for February
Used Year to Date:0.25 yards

Added This Week: 13.91 yards
Added This Month:13.91 yard
Added Year to Date: 30.34 yards

Net Used for 2012: - 30.09 

No comments:

Followers