Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Aargh!!!!!

Sometimes computers are a pain in the...... Sitdown! 

My computer started in with the virus BIG time on Sunday (right after I posted to Judy - hint here.....  EVERYBODY - do a Norton scan just to make sure you didn't "catch" anything!!!!!)  So I ended up deleting EVERYTHING - and uploading my backup discs. 

Unfortunately one thing I do NOT have on my backup discs are pix!!!!  I can pick up all my Siggies the same way I did the other 2 times I had to do a mass delete or change computers - BUT the pix - well... what's here is what's here.  What was on my computer is LONG gone!  Esp. since I erase what was on my camera everytime I upload pix (keeps me from getting REALLY confused about what's on here - and what isn't!)

That being said - it's really not that much of a biggie (I hope!) since I do have some sort of info on here re pix and where I am etc.  Hopefully!!!! (thought - I'll just download back again onto my computer!  Hopefully!)

Re Design Wall Monday - it will be back here again later today (as soon as I find my camera and take more pix!)

And for those interested in my garden - it is still in the beginning to grow stages (except for potatoes which are trying to bloom - BEFORE I can get them all hilled up!)  Re the "larnin'" part - well.... I need to do that!  Preserving - my strawberries are I think just about done - and boy are they good!  So good in fact that I've had strawberry this and that - and - uh, I ate them all!  Fortunately they put out runners so next year I should have even more!  Hopefully!

For now - I'm going to work on the Weave it to me that I was going to have done on Sunday - and didn't because I had to babysit the computer!

Note to me - ASAP - get a phone line into the sewing room so I can play computer WHILE I'm sewing!

Oh yeah - guess what!!!!  Last night I got a phone call from an ex-co worker (I was laid off last November - still maintaining contact with folks there - we were a close knit bunch!)  One of the main supervisors had her babies!!!!  I say babies - because she had TWINS!!!!  A boy and a girl!  And another co-worker also had her baby within the same month!  this is so neat! 

And of course, I'm thinking in terms of quilts and so on....  have to think on that a bit!  You know - I don't really miss working there - but I sure do miss the folks there - A LOT!  They are some pretty special people!

At any rate - I'm making plans to head south to my former workplace sometime either in July or August (depending on everyone's work schedules) and visit folks there again!  LOL - I may even bring down some of my quilts for Show and Tell!  And IF I decide to do a baby quilt - or 3 - I may decide that would be a good time to give them all around!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Mine is still in the shop (since Monday).

Hope she was expecting twins!

Followers