Saturday, June 23, 2012

Friday marathon

Last night I got a jump ahead on today's work - I made bread - a new to me kind!  Feta and cracked pepper!  Oh MY!  Yummy!  VERY yummy!  Doing this one again!

Also last night I got a jump on some of my WHB chores - scrubbed the bathroom, laundry room (aka the pantry!) and the kitchen floors!  Today - it's dustmopping and scrubbing the REST of the floors (when you have cats you have hair balls - don't ask! Eeeuuuuuwwwww!)

Also will be making Challah for tonight and setting up the Shabbat candles. 

Already spent the morning fighting my fence row - really piled high my brush pile of stuff for the lawn mower guy to haul off!  AND my poor potatoes actually have sunlight!

Oh yeah - I have TWO pears on my tree!!!  True - they are baby pears - and sometimes during June drop they do just that!  BUT I am so happy about this! 

Re my other fruits - the apple I planted this year is doing just fine - as are the peach tree, cherry tree and blue berry bush.  However - sad to say - the apple from before that I transplanted entirely too late looks like it is on its last gasp!  I think I will be replacing that this fall - hopefully with the same kind!  AND if possible will be getting 1 - 2 plum trees as well (would LOVE to get a green gage plum tree - but no one carries it!)  Am a bit irritated though - I don't want a standard tree - BUT DO want a dwarf tree - which grows about 12 foot high and bears 1 - 2 or 3 bushel fruit.  Unfortunately - if I don't want a standard - ALL I could find was the "Lil Big tree - which grows only to about 6 foot high and puts out only a half bushel at most!  No!  In my book - that is just a way to advertise something new and charge an arm and a leg for it!

Oh yeah - on the schedule for today - a thorough clean of my room (this is its time!) and of the kitchen (which missed its time), a trip to Wally world, getting my hair back to only one color - hopefully - and NOT green -= at least not green THIS time!  THEN back to sewing.  Am working on Arizona Skies (aka Tequila Buzz) and having problems.  Shall see!

No comments:

Followers