Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Design Wall for 06-25-12

OK - so it's 2 days later!  Still - it's here!

Actually I DID delay posting this - partially because I wanted to show where I am on my June Color Challenge (which I SHOULD finish today - hopefully!)  And let me tell you - the directions are NOT accurate!  Oh the cutting and sewing is fine - BUT the directions had me cutting 3 times what was needed!  As a consequence - my tablecloth will now become 4 placemats with a centerpiece!  Actually - it will be cute - AND when I finally figured out that this was based on a 14" square instead of a 10" square - this really makes more sense!

Ta Da - not done - BUT you can get an idea from the FIRST of the two pictures what each placemat will look like - and from the second - you can see an un-pressed "flower".




The next picture - or design wall board thingy - was my Arizona Skies - still unfinished - BUT last Sun afternoon I DID get all the center blocks trimmed - will have some do overs - we'll see.  The picture is an old picture!

The third item I hope to finish is my Underground RR quilt - it is next on the list right after the June color palette!  Not posting a picture on this one!

The 4th item - I would like to work an hour (or so) on is Nicole's Sofa Quilt.  Honestly I haven't even gotten it started - mostly because my son really liked the pattern - which means a whole different color scheme - AND - no flowers (his decision!) which is difficult because most of what I have has flowers of some description!  No picture yet on this one!  However I am hopeful by the end of the day I will have made SOME sort of choice - and without heading to the quilt shop too!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Both are beautiful!

Followers