Saturday, June 16, 2012

June Color Palette Challenge

Hmm - this month I LOVED the colors that Vicki Welsh posted.  However, once again my interpretation of one of the colors was slightly different from the color- chart illustrated since I would have sworn I saw a lemon yellow in there! 

However - I have decided to go along with the color chart - and am intending to use THESE colors/fabrics in a table topper (due in - gasp - 14 days!)  Mind you, I'm still at the complete the flimsy stage since I really have very little experience in quilting per se!  And yes, one of the pinks in the picture looks like it will fade into the pink behind it (drat it!) and the salmon in the front shows up as entirely too dark from what it is.  Also the green DOES need to be a bit more yellow-y - however it is what I have!


Pattern is what I'm indecisive about!  I REALLY wanted a rose - a BIG rose - medallion type.  And - yes, I could take a photo, then put it all on a grid and pick and choose in my colors for something approximating and giving the feel of the real thing.  As it stands I REALLY REALLY hate most of the roses I see in piecework - and my applique skills at this point will cause a hyena to die from laughing so hard!

So in the interest of that - one of the patterns I'm considering is Fancy Flowers - but that has some problems too - and so I'm thinking about it!  At least this weekend - and with the intent of working on this bright and early on Monday.

At any rate my dd Wendy and I played 15 hard work/45 play (quilt) this morning - and so now - I'm thinking of heading outside to either plant - or bury (depending on how dried out they are) the remainder of the petunias I got yesterday.

No comments:

Followers