Monday, April 22, 2013

Design Wall for Week 16 - 04-22-13


This past week I've spent almost the whole time outside raking leaves in the front yard, piling sticks  and waiting in vain for the call back from the city to tell me whether or not they will pick up sticks curbside.  I've also tilled MOST of my garden, planted 4 16-foot x 4 foot beds of potatoes and root crops (excepting onions!!), 2 16 foot x 4 foot beds of coles - most planted as seed to be transplanted later, 2 16 foot x 4 foot beds of salad crops and greens (I did include radishes and carrots here as salad crops), started to set up the potato beds as bins - like those that you pay a small fortune for - these are surrounded by hardware cloth wired to re-bar and filled with leaves and whatall as the potatoes grow (which hopefully they will!), and started 3 new 16-foot x 4 foot beds - either 2 for peas and one for sweet potatoes (I haven't figured out where the blackberry bush nor the grape vine go yet - provided I figure out where I hid the grapevine!), had son haul in bags of mulch for the trees and told him the plans for 2 additional trees (dwarf) as well as the landscape fabric he suggested along the fence which would be for flowers!  maybe roses????

Game plan was to spend a while outside - then come in, study and quilt the rest of the day.  Instead I spent a LOT of time outside, came in and collapsed into sleep (neighbours noisy again - 3 AM!!!!!!!)

So the week was only semi-productive!

That being said - it's my excuse for NOT getting more done!  (It DID rain Saturday - so I pieced!) - and I'm sticking to it!

Other thing - some of my quilts I re-homed elsewhere.  So those won't be seen again after this week - hopefully!

Son also inquired about HIS and LYNN"S quilt (I showed him as well as dd all the quilts I am rehoming - didn't want any major objections - good thing I did too!)

HAND PIECING
Hexies - an old picture - nothing new added this week
 MACHINE QUILTING - FREE MOTION QUILTING

Free Motion Quilt Sampler - nothing new done this week
Improv placemats - needs applique first THEN FMQ
It's All About Hearts - needs heart FMQ
Mini Twister - needs FMQ
 MACHINE QUILTING - WALKING FOOT

Baby Quilt #1 - WAS going to re-home - son LIKED this baby quilt.  It stays! 
Baby Quilt #2

Walking Foot Quilt Sampler 
 LEADER ENDER PROJECT

Bow-da-cious - you can see how many strings I did NOT do!

MACHINE PIECING

96 Miles an Hour - This I DID work on Saturday.  Still a lot of blocks (in plastic bags) to do yet.

Back to Square One - still needs the April part done!

Bow-da-cious - these are scraps for that quilt  (foursies)

Strings 'n' Things - I need to make RED strings from odd sizes from  reds!

Samplers - these REALLY need to get done!

3 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

Good for you on getting all that yardening done. Around here, we do it when the weather permits and today it is snowing again. Ugh. You have a lot on your plate, quilting-wise.

Chris said...

With the warmer weather it is hard not to stay outside. We only have another week or two before it is 95-100 degrees so I am enjoying the outdoors too :)

Gari in AL said...

I am not a yard worker but I am a sit on the deck and read-er. I think I am a better quilter when I take time out to do other things I either like or feel need to get done in order for me to feel good. Besides, nothing but quilting would eventually get boring....for me.

Followers