Monday, April 15, 2013

Today is the Beginning..... (Monday, 04-15-13)

I remember the day I suddenly graduated from college.  I had gone to see my advisor about something or other - and he suddenly asked me why I hadn't graduated yet.  I replied that I had one course that was on incomplete status.  At which point, he wrote out a waiver and told me if I ran to Administration and got there before noon that my status would change to graduate!  You had best believe I made like a deer!  I don't think I have run so fast since (except when my kids were in trouble and that was a whole other story!)

At any rate - I woke up the next morning pleased as punch - and suddenly realized - I HAD GRADUATED!!!  And that day - and each day following would be the first day of the rest of my life and I needed to conduct my life accordingly! 

So - today is Monday - and it is the Beginning.....


HOUSE (15 minutes at a time!)  4 x 15.
Sampler blocks I need to work on

  • Zone 1 - Side porch - DECLUTTER 
  • Zone 2 - Kitchen - general
  • Zone 2 - Kitchen - the REFRIGERATOR  (SCARY!!!!!)
  • Zone 2 - Kitchen - the SHELVES!!!!!! - top 2
  • Zone 2 - Kitchen - Ceilings, walls, countertops, faucets, trashcan
  • Zone 2 - Stove top
  • Zone 2 - Kitchen floor (ugh!)
  • WHB - dust, dustmop/vacuum, mop, sheets, doors, magazines, trash
GARDEN (15 minutes at a time!) 4 x 15 
  • Outside - rake and clean up Front yard for 15 minutes  - not much yard - just a lot of leaves - PARTICULARLY where I park cars and under trees - UGH!
  •  Set up bed for melons which will eventually go in.
  • Create beds for all salad stuff
  • Add leaves, manures, top soil and a little wood ashes and bone meal
  • Plant greens in 2 of the mini beds, get 2 of the mini beds ready for coles.
STUDIES (15 minutes at a time!)  This will be a "Jump in where I am!"  No catchups allowed - UNTIL Sunday - which is alloted for that!
Baby Blanket #2.  The rest of the center needs finishing,
then the borders need their thing and binding added all around

15 minute studies
  • Russian - review Lesson 8 on tape again this time! (straight listening, then listen with English text in front ( review lesson 7 first)
  • Math - Lesson 35
  • Spelling - test for 5, write/study for 5, additional activity to "firm" correct spellings - L. 2.
  • Spelling - record for next test day
Longer than 15 - 30 at least
  • Science - chlorophyll, chloroplasts
  • Library - re-check out book on plant evolution.  Also check out My Side of the Mountain.  Check out Swiss Family Robinson
  • Creative Writing (W) 8-4
  • Religion - Passover learning folder.  
  • Pre-Cambrian Work on lapbook for 15 - 30 minutes
  • Pre-Cambrian reading.  

QUILT

  • 1 Hexie a day (NO catchups)
  • Back to Square One - the April block
  • Walking Foot Sampler - pink sampler
  • WF - work on Baby Quilt #1
  • FMQ practice - Mark into quadrants.  Practice loops.
  • If I get a chance - work on Sampler swap stuff and FINISH - I want to send THIS!!!!
MENU
B: Oatmeal with dried fruit
L: Dirty rice with beans (no the rice isn't really dirty - that's the name of the dish - and it is soooooooooooo good!)
D: Turkey burgers and anything that needs using up in the refrigerator!

No comments:

Followers