Monday, October 28, 2013

BUSY weekend - What I did!!! 10-25 to 10-27-13

Thursday and Saturday night I worked hard - until 1230 each night - 1 AM on this........

Holy Toledo by Bonnie Hunter
(Blocks are DONE!)
 Then Friday night I worked on the Y seams on this.  Rest was a piece of cake! But oh those Y seams!
Fall Pumpkin Swap - it's done - has stem on it.  Pieced pumpkin
 I also finished the 4th of the Improvisational quilts.  This little exercise was in response to a Color challenge that Vickie Welsh did.  She had shown a picture (by Seurat???) of a woman sitting in a chair - like in a sidewalk cafe - Victorian era - and she had the full leg of mutton sleeves - and was watching the sidewalk as people walked by.  The colors were as below and somehow this came to my mind in response to the painting.  The Improvisational quilt is supposed to help me free up my mind so that I'm not as restrictive as I usually am.  However - you can see (these are out of order) the progression from a rectangular shape to eventually a more trapezoidal shape.  Yes, these ARE placemats - no two the same in color, makeup of pieces used, shape (although 3 do come close!)  And no - they are NOT finished - along with this improvisational background, I want to applique (even with MY skills :(  ) a white plate with a single "taster" helping of fruit on it.  And when time comes to quilt - I think I want to use a combination of McTavishing (on the plate and again on the fruit - to emphasize it's fullness) and something else - not sure exactly what!  It is unbelievable the amount of time I spend on these 4 agonizing over my choices!




No comments:

Followers