Saturday, October 12, 2013

Hhmmm - a Cutting day quilt-wise for me!


Cutting day - something I picked up from Bonnie Hunter.  You see, I have these BAGS and a big BOX of scraps that have been hanging around my quilt room WAITING for me to do SOMETHING with!  Like slice and dice them into strips or neat little squares and rectangles of various sizes (3.5 inch, 2.5 inch, 2.0 inch, 1.5 inch, strings (anything less than 1.5 inch) and crumbs!)

Thus far I've been using my weekends to do SOME slice and dice which leaves me unhappy because I'm not sewing!  So - on that note - why not use a weekday evening as a designated slice and dice - complete with a quilt-cam re-play with Bonnie Hunter?  Yeah!  There ya go!

Of course - I COULD do the same thing re quilting all over - and keep a WEEKDAY for that as well - instead of waiting until Friday!

Say - use a Wednesday evening to work on quilting a quilt. (not that this lets me off THIS weekend!  I have a QUILT to do!

Who knows - maybe if I set an appointment with myself it will happen!  Sort of like a class! (which is another reason for not doing it on a Friday or a Sunday - I have classes on some of those days - and look for reasons to NOT quilt and NOT slice and dice on those days!)  Maybe make it complete with hot chocolate (step AWAY from the quilt, please!) and an audiobook or two!  (Of course, I already do audiobooks when I quilt - and like them - just that I need to use these as enticements!)  Maybe make it an order-in a pizza or some chinese!  Celebrate!

Sigh!  I DO love the finished product!  And I DO love being able to stitch up all kinds of things and not have to cut up little squares when I have an idea in mind!  So - sounds good to me, anyway!  What do ya think?

No comments:

Followers