Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Oops! That was a LONG weekend - clear through to Wednesday!!!!


Wow!  That WAS a long weekend - lasted almost all week too!  LOL
Sorry about that!  Forgot to post yesterday!

Tonight Rosh Hashanah begins!  This year I didn't get tickets to the service - mostly because I procrastinated - which of course does NOT exclude me from having my own service here at home.  What I'm going to have???  Hmmm - good question that!  Chicken for sure on one of 3 meals - maybe 2.  Not sure of the 3rd - might make vegetarian lasagna for that.  Veggies I have.  dessert?  Hmm - I need to make that and may have to get an extra dozen eggs - not sure.  Challah - 4 loaves (2 for Rosh Hashannah and 2 for Shabbat) - may make different kinds - not sure yet.  3rd meals?  Hmmm - maybe straight vegetarian or maybe tuna or salmon salad and veggies, sweet cakes of some sort and fruit.  Breakfast? - umm - mostly granola (homemade) and milk, fruit

As a result - what I get done for today - probably will be it - at least until Sunday, because Rosh Hashanah is 2 days (Thurs and Fri) with Saturday being Shabbat.

Re what I did - mostly worked on the Back to Square One sampler (STILL not done - had to take some stuff apart! oh thrill!)

Yesterday I didn't do a lot of much - mostly gave my OCD mind a real thrill by working on all the labels, et all for the blog.  This doesn't sound like much - but went clear back to 2006 - and cleaned up a bunch of old labels - changing them all around, adding some for convenience, and subtracting hopefully more than I added.  But like my quilting - I had a LOT to undo - repeatedly!   Aaargh!  However, that little chore is DONE!

I DID get some things done though....  I harvested a lot of stuff out of the garden.  And yes, unfortunately the sweet corn is DONE!  Mostly because a raccoon family crashed the place and had a party - wrecking what they didn't eat - and just sampling a bite of this sweet corn, and 2 bites of that!  Ugh!

Beans were been picked, tomatoes harvested, and I checked the tomatillos - quite a few were ready (pods split when they are - but some of those pods had been knocked off the vine - so split - but very small tomatillos!)  They should go nicely into salsa however.

I need to make notes on my garden page about what I want for next year.  FTM I need to outline what I want, need, put up etc. on my food preservation page too - but that I may or may not get around to today.

Son has my car again so I can't teach (can't drive there) which is ok for the moment since it gives me a chance to catch up a bit - however my foot (plantar fascitis - with 2 bone spurs) is acting nasty again and HURTS!!!!

Yesterday - had oatmeal with blueberries for breakfast, a chicken burger with homegrown Brandywine tomatoes, and a big old slice of onion and chopped mole peppers and a slice of cheddar - for lunch, and for dinner I had a vegetable plate (the two too small ears of sweet corn that Nathan and Lynn didn't want), scalloped tomatoes (from the garden - quite good, in fact!), boiled potatoes fresh from the garden with peppers, green beans (leftover) also from the garden with onions, and scrambled eggs with mole peppers. Oh my was that good!!!!

TODAY.............

HOUSE  
  • Living Room zone clean -   
  • Get Dining area READY for zone cleaning! 
  • Videos and DVDs - this is NOT a major challenge - go as fast as possible with this one!
QUILT
Back to Square One quilt.
I AM further along on this - just no pix that I can find - as yet

GARDEN - Sunshine!  REAL sunshine outside!!!

  • DONE Carrots thin
  • NAH!  Radishes - thin again?
  • NONE READY Butterpeas - pick all those that are ready.
  • DONE Rhubarb 
  • DONE Tuesday Bush beans????
  • DONE - ALL 2 PODS WORTH! lol Okra
  • DONE Tuesday Tomatillos
  • DONE Sweet corn - cut old stalks - 
  • DONE Tuesday Tomatoes
KITCHEN 
  • DONE Tuesday Tomatoes - my Brandywines - 10 HUGE tomatoes - dehydrate
MENUES (WED DAY/WED EVE/
DONE - very good! B: Treasure chest eggs with cheese, tea
DONE L: soup (from freezer - not sure what kind - chili?)
 DONE D: challah, Baked chicken, Szechuan green beans, orange brown rice, fruit (pear?)

THURS EVE
DONE B: Sweet rolls
 DONE L: challah, Chicken soup with kreplach, 
DONE D: challah, Spinach cheese pie, Mediterranean Rice Salad, fruit

/FRI EVE
DONE B: Deviled eggs, tea
DONE L: challah, Eggplant salad, 
DONE D: challah, Stuffed cabbage, savory beans and tomatoes, fruit

/SAT DAY AND EVE)
DONE B: granola and milk with tea
DONE L: challah, Bubbie Kates Tzimmes with meat (Sat?)
DONE D: challah, Sweet and sour fish (Sat?) or salmon salad, fruit

No comments:

Followers