Wednesday, January 23, 2013

And Today is ....(fanfare here)..... Wednesday!!!


No special reason - just that the week is half over until the weekend!

I  haven't posted on the What's cooking yet - mostly because I can't find the spinach and mushroom picture and now I can't find my camera (which is around here SOMEWHERE!!!!)  Seriously though - I sure wish that there would be those little beeper things that we could attach to various items we DON'T want to lose (keys, remote controls, cell phones, timers, digital cameras, eyeglasses - you get the idea!) and then could "page" the item (easy enough to do - provided of course we know where the telephone is!)  Of course - with that many items "tagged" we would either have to have some sort of numbering system so we could page the individual item (but then would we remember the number?) or else EVERYTHING in the house would go off - and we'd go stark raving mad!

However - I WILL find the digital camera - and I WILL post the pictures.  Honest!

The NEW item for NEXT week is Tofu.  Now Tofu and I have an interesting history.  Way back when my son was in his early teens, he decided that he was a vegetarian.  I guess this is NOT unusual - especially since his older sister was about the same age when she decided the same thing!  What was different about this is that my son HATED with a vengeance ANYTHING that remotely resembled a vegetable!  My concern was not so much about his becoming a vegetarian but finding SOMETHING that he WOULD eat (other than cheese and pasta) since he developed an "allergy" to anything green.... or red.... you get the idea!  and I had visions of him ending up in the hospital due to starvation when I had this overly full refrigerator with all kinds of food in it - as well as a vegetable garden that produced even more food!

Oh yeah - he also hated peanut butter, most fruits.

I talked to a vegetarian acquaintance of mine for some sort of hint about how to fix tofu - and she recommended grilled tofu sandwiches, made with green pepper, a strongly flavored mustard, onion slices and grilled tofu slices.  I can't remember which kind of tofu I used - whether the more smooth textured one (which is what I THINK I used) or the one that I swear resembles the texture of a sponge!  It was actually good!

So this week I get to re-visit memory lane and try to find/resurrect/learn anew some tofu recipes!

................................................
Today we have a 17 HIGH outside!   There is NO WAY I'm going out there!  At least - not if I can help it!

That being said - on the schedule for today..........

FIRST I want to either find the pictures for last week and this - or if I can't find the picture - then re-take this week's (and maybe make another spinach something and take a picture of THAT!)

QUILT



  1. Walking Foot Finish up the quilts I need to do this with (Peggy's and Wendy's).  Put on binding then get them ready to send (along with other stuff!) 
  2. Quilting Sampler 1 
  3. Prepare Quilting Sampler 2
  4. Sampler Blocks - finish up the rest of them

HOUSE

  1. Zone 4
  2. LR - aka the Study! - at least 30 minutes there
  3. Paperwork - at least 30 minutes!  (Be brave!)

GO AND DO/CALL
Email Nathan re different items

MAKE/COOKING AND PRESERVING

  1. Make Corn "oysters" + pix
  2. Make another spinach dish + pix
  3. Make another Carrot dish + pix
  4. Lentil Stew?

MENU
B: Scrambled eggs with cheese, sausage, tomatoes, onions, avocado (think of an omelet that didn't!)
L: Corn Chowder, homemade cheese crackers, applesauce
D: Reheat the stuffed shells, Baked apples
S: Popcorn - try the chili/cheese one.

No comments:

Followers