Friday, January 11, 2013

Quiltathon - Day 2

First of all - today was a teaching day - social studies for Middle school - great kids and I enjoyed myself thoroughly - would have liked more hands on the teaching end however - but all in all it was a good day!  Only a couple times did I have to remind the kids that we were NOT outside and that it was a good thing to quiet down to a small whisper!

Which to me is one of the disadvantages of public schools - mostly because I'm usually the noisiest one there!


Game plan for today includes class tonight - Open Sew! and Arizona Skies!
Arizona Skies - aka Tequila Buzz - and I need to make sure all my blocks are the same size!  Then sew them into blocks, sew those into rows, then sew rows together, attaching the plain inside border - all this before even beginning on making the middle border!

The Mini Twister - I need to cut this into the appropriate size and shape for the Twister blocks, then sew those into rows - and then into a top!

All this - and then fix supper too! and if possible work on lesson plans (archaeology) and the dininng room - although I think the last two may need to be worked on tomorrow instead!




No comments:

Followers