Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Massage therapy

Oh my!  Only one word for it...........

HEAVEN!!!!!

To those who know me - it has been NO secret that my left arm was injured (by me being STUPID!) 2 years ago while I was in one of those seldom seen exercise manic phases I do!  Compound the injury with a doctor who said NO PHYSICAL MOVEMENT AT ALL - not just until the swelling went down - but for over a year!!!!  And - no x ray!  While I'm definitely not crazy about x rays - when my arm was injured to the point I couldn't lift it above shoulder height - and I'm NOT saying lift with pain - I'm saying lift AT ALL - there is something wrong!

At any rate - I have a different doctor now.  Have gone through the physical therapy - and all the exercises they suggested (no massage - just exercises - and LOTS of them!).  And the arm/shoulder STILL hurt like crazy - especially when I would try to sleep at night.

Finally I found a massage therapist - and - oh my - I'm in HEAVEN!  To be sure - there was some ouchiness while she massaged and also used deep pressure on that arm (and also on the other one - which had "compensated" for the injured arm - I'm normally left handed!) but I now I actually have freedom of movement, the pain is GONE GONE GONE!!!!  and - who knows - I may actually get a good night's sleep tonight!

Next stop - lower back and the sciatica!  And hope that miracles last!

No comments:

Followers