Monday, January 21, 2013

Catching up on last week - was it a lost week - or not?

Update on last Tuesday............

Quilt

  1. Finish Borders on Mini Twister Done! 
  2. Batting on Mini Twister
  3. Batting on Fancy Flowers
  4. Quilt and binding Mini Twister
  5. Quilt and binding Fancy Flowers
  6. Prepare packages - Wendy
  7. Prepare package - Peggy
  8. Finish Sampler #1
  9. Prepare Sampler #2
  10. Borders on QOV (Wendy's)
And that's about the only thing quilt-wise that was!  And the ONLY reason the borders are done is because I decided I agreed with Wendy - that I can quilt MORE with the larger inside border and can extend into that space with the black thread! Currently I am thinking of vines and leaves - all twisty and reaching for the center of the quiltlet!  Don't know if that will happen or not - but there you have it!

Regarding the HOUSE part of the page - I got involved in re-reading Bonnie Hunter's Leaders and Enders book - and decided to spend "just 15 minutes" sorting quilt scraps by color - this after deciding to start ANOTHER NEW quilt or two (actually two - one from leftover four patches from the first!)  Of course this involved diving (headfirst) into my bags and boxes of scraps - and...... well, after spending almost the entire day working on the scraps I felt like I had accomplished a lot!

Wednesday I decided to continue working in the sewing room and sorting - and - gasp!!!! FINISHED sorting ALL of my scraps!  Felt so good I celebrated by eating out (instead of eating what I was GOING to eat!)  Definitely a monumental job well done!  AND I found one of my kitties' new hiding place in the process - LOL!  


Thursday I started slicing and dicing  - I though - just one bag!  So I started on Purples (smallest bag!)  Didn't really realize exactly how much was in there!!!!  Also mostly just goofed off!  No paperwork, no housework - just plain goofed off - and READ!  And went to the library!

Also worked on my Taz crazy quilt (crazy quilt because that's what Taz is! LOL)  Definitely not done yet - but it will be - and will be (I hope) cute!

Friday I continued on the slicing and dicing end - got halfway done - plus stitched up several string blocks (cute! cute! cute!) and some of the 4 patches.  Decided I needed to go to the quilt shop - but by then it was after hours so the shop was safe for another day!

Saturday Called Wendy - who is back into writing strongly again (Yay!!!!!  She is VERY talented and I love to read her works!  And - like me - she has been a bit burned out on the quilting end of things so has been devoting her many talents to other pursuits as well!)  

Then I went to the - uh - quilt shop where I bought some red that I just HAD to have for the QOV (never mind that I said I wouldn't need it the previous time I was there!) and saw some really cute QOV type fabric for the outside border which I also bought (quilt not supposed to need borders - but one was necessary for it to be the minimum size needed - this quilt will now have TWO!) 


 Maureen (sales lady and friend) rang up the sale for $11.00 - but that was so much less than I had anticipated (uh - here comes the not so rational lie!) that I said I HAD to get the two batiks which had been calling my name for several weeks - and which were growing less and less!  And of course THOSE two needed other FRIEND batiks - and - uh - well, I ended spending $67.53 for 5 3/4 yards - which included the 2 QOV border fabrics (1.0 yards total and yes, I found the red I already had when I got home!) and enough fabric to maybe do at least part if not all of a lap quilt!

Sunday Cleaning and sewing day! Grocery shopping day as well!  And - uh - avoiding the whole issue of the Stash report and my - uh - falling off the wagon!


No comments:

Followers