Saturday, January 05, 2013

Saturday! Saturday! I feel like I should burst into song.....

or not!

Actually the song running through my mind right now is "Monday, Monday........." which is the ONLY part I know! (and which may jolly well be wrong anyway!)

This has been an upside, downside, inside out kind of day anyway!  Not that I'm complaining - far from it!

I called Wendy this AM - she sounds AWFUL!  But still better than the last time I talked to her.  She still sounds somewhat short of breath but that's the flu respiratory virus talking!  Still and all, we played a couple of rounds of chore and sew - where we work hard for 15 minutes then sew the rest of the time.  Rather we ALMOST played that game.  Instead Wendy had ALL of her chores done (that's what I get for sleeping in late!), so SHE got to sew!  I got the CHORES! - But then my floors are dustmopped, furniture is fluffy dusted with the feather duster (ostrich feathers are WONDERFUL for picking up the dust and kitty hairs!), laundry is washed.  Breakfast was fixed and eaten and my morning chores accomplished.  House actually looked put together - sorta!

Then my son showed up!  I handed the phone to Nathan so he could chat with Wendy while I ate breakfast hurriedly then I chatted while he finished measuring for shelving.  Then Wendy took a nap while Nathan and I went to Wally world and I GOT 4 NEW TIRES!  Woohoo!  AND new wiper blades!!!!  Double Woohoo!

Of course by that time it was past noon - and since I'm almost always ready to eat - we went for lunch at Panera's which was a first time experience for me - and which I thoroughly enjoyed!  After that - Home Depot and shelving for my laundry room (TRIPLE WAHOO!) and home!

Now as to installation of the new shelving - well, that isn't happening THIS weekend - and I sure hope it happens sooner than the new microwave has gone up (purchased I think September, still in use as an extra coffeetable/scratching post by the cats - we are talking STILL in the box - at this point!)

No comments:

Followers