Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Trip to the Vet that almost didn't!!!!

I have 4 remaining kitties.  Remaining because it WAS 6, only 1 died a year ago January from a large mass in his side - he was 17 yo.  The LAST time I took one of my kitties to see the vet - she didn't come home (huge cancerous mass in her liver). She was only 30 months old.

I thought I was being sneaky.  No special preparation the night before - nada.  And this morning - everything like usual.  Kitties sleeping well - and I got Widget (Mr. Scaredy cat - and he's HUGE! as in there are dogs smaller than him) calmed down (I was going to take him first).  Actually Widget had calmed down enough that he went to sleep.  ALL of my kitties were sleeping - or so I thought!

So I meandered into the kitchen and started to prepare the cages because I was only going to take 2 today.  Scrappy (my ADHD little one) came bopping in - took one look at the cages and went tearing OUT of here and into my room!

No matter.  I finished fixing the cages, then went to get my kitties.  ALL of my kitties were awake - and not only that - but 3 out of the 4 had vanished!

The 4th kitty was Chai - who of course I immediately incarcerated in one of the smaller cages.  Then I went looking for the other kitties.  I found Button - running frantically between one hiding place and another (Button is sweet - but not the brightest of my kitties!) but she was safe since I had my eyes on BIGGER game - or should I say more SCARED game!

I finally found Scrappy sitting under my sewing machine desk (Widget's favorite space) - but couldn't find Widget.  Finally about 20 minutes later I located him - Scrappy was sitting directly in front of him - hiding where his feet were - and so I wouldn't see him!

I moved her out of the way and reached back and grabbed him.  Now Widget is a big lovey kitty - at least to me!  He just has this thing about the Vet.  He hates travel - but will go willingly - barely though!  But the vet he absolutely despises!  Not just this vet - but ALL vets!

I grabbed my big lovey kitty in my arms - and OMG it was all I could do to protect myself.  This big galoot that follows me around all day was going to get free if he had to remove my arms at the shoulders to do it!  there was NO WAY he was going to the vet!  And there was NO WAY I could even get him in the same room with the cage!  He would stand on the top of my head if he had to!  (And nearly did!)

Meantime there is Scrappy, yowling frantically around my feet as if I was going to mortally wound, injure or maim HER instead of trying to carry my terrified big wuss into the same room as the cage!

Finally I gave up and let Widget go (not that I had a real choice, since by now my shoulder felt like it was in shreds!) - and grabbed the blabbermouth who had scared him - probably reminding Widget in the process that 2 other kitties had gone to the Vet and .... NOT COME HOME!!!!

So it only seemed fair that I ... grabbed Scrappy - who cried the whole way to the Vet's office no matter how  much I told her (and Chai) that I loved them and they would be fine.

I don't think they FELT fine however - the Vet scraped their teeth (NOT fun!) and gave each 2 shots (rabies and also distemper).  I got a VERY dirty look - and the bill (which I do NOT even want to discuss!), then I brought them home (no crying on the way home - just a LOT of icy silence!  Not that I cared - I just turned the classical music up a bit louder!), carried the cages inside, opened the doors and watched as Chai sauntered out - no problem!  and Scrappy stepped out - flipped her little tail and stiff legged walked into my room!

Will she take revenge?  I hope not!  So far my bed seems safe - no little "discoveries".  My fabric has been left undisturbed in the sewing room - no shreds anywhere.  But who knows what I will experience - at 3 AM tomorrow morning!


No comments:

Followers