Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Design Wall for Monday - 01-28-13 - also done on Tuesday!F

Ummmm - a LOT (most - well, sorta!) is the same as last week - mostly because I've been going off on tangents!  ie, starting a couple of new quilts!  Two are Bonnie  Hunter's Bow-Dacious as well as her 4 Patch Revisited!  Both of which have encouraged me to order ALL her books - and - OH MY!  There are some beautiful quilts in there!

Why those 2 quilts?  Well, I've come to a temporary stop on Easy Street (I need to cut some more blocks and find some more strips - or go to my favorite shopping place and BUY some more FQ!!!!!) But I thought I would be virtuous (please ignore all side trips to THE store and all purchases thus far from there!) and not do that.

HAND PIECING
Yes - I'm still working on my Hexies - SLOOOWWWWLY but surely!

MACHINE QUILTING: FMQ
Quilting Sampler

Couch quilt for Nathan and Lynn

Weave It to Me 
 MACHINE QUILTING - WALKING FOOT
Fancy Flowers for Wendy

Walking foot sampler #2 (aka baby changing pad when it is finished!)

Mini Twister for Peggy
 LEADER ENDER PROJECT(S)
Purple 4-patches are for BOTH Bow-dacious quilt AND for 4 Patch Re-visited. Both quilts ALSO use 4-patches of green, red, pink, blue, brown, golds (or yellows) and another color which I forgot already what it was!

So far I have LOTS of little purple 4 patches - I suspect more than either quilt really calls for - not that this will stop me!  But I have now branched out into the Green (mostly this color because I will also use green strings in a runner up for one of my classes!) and so will continue my piecing - only this time into GREEN 4 patches!  Or maybe even Red or pink if I get bored (Valentine's - remember?)

I've also been making STRINGS - purple - which I LOVE!  Green which I also like a whole bunch!
My purple strings

Green Strings - as you can see - I only have a FEW green scraps for strings!!!
 PIECING
QOV - Scrap Basket Blues

Wendy's QOV which I REALLY need to do!


My Taz Man crazy quilt pieces - to be attached and top quilted (feather stitched????? or another Tazzy stitch????)

Sewing Sunday - Next Sunday will be in February - and I THINK I will probably start on spring wardrobe!

No comments:

Followers