Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Yes, Indeed! It IS Wednesday! Already!

Geesh!  One day melts into the next sooooooooo quickly!  Anyway - this should give an idea of how the year goes!!!!

Today............

QUILT - Uh - I didn't quilt yesterday - so TODAY I need to.......

  1.  QOV -"Scrap Basket Blues" from Kim Brackett's Scrap Basket Surprises
  2. Leader/Ender - "Christmas Ribbons" - also from Kim Brackett's Scrap Basket Surprises quilt book.
  3. Binding on Threadhead!
  4. at least 1-15 minute session sorting fabrics (think mystery quilt and strings)
  5. Work on "Fancy Flowers" (pattern on www.QuiltingCache.com)
  6. Mystery - Quilting Tizzy - IF I can (Wendy was sick yesterday - sounds horrible! which does NOT explain why I didn't quilt!)

GARDEN

  1. Garden Planner - work on general plan - ALL C's, D's????
  2. NEW garden plan - Coles and greens ONLY (2 long beds) - use square foot bed plan.  
  3. IF possible - save and link to that for blog.


HOUSEHOLD
  1. Laundry room - small shelves needs decluttering/cleaning.  Wipe of machines.  Sweep floor.
  2. Kitchen - Wipe down counters.  Wipe off appliances and clean under rings on stove.  
  3. Laundry Room, Kitchen - Floor needs cleaning
  4. Living Room - spend 2 x 15 minute sessions decluttering there. 
  5. Make bread.  Also think spinach (canned!) - schav? sounds good!
MENU
  1. Lunch is grilled cheese and Schav (using spinach instead of sorrel - with hard boiled egg)
  2. Dinner - SUPPOSED to be leftovers!!!!  I REALLY want baked whitefish, potatoes (I really like the mustard buttered ones!), baked pumpkin slice - with nuts, honey, butter - yum!  tossed salad! and of course - baked apples! 

Tomorrow I want to eat soup in a Pumpkin!
.................................................
Progress (and that's HARD considering I have 2 cats trying hard to win the El-destructo marathon!)

Quilting - MOST of the LE fabric rectangles cut.  Was going to be short on the QOV strips - so - uh - I "HAD" to go to the quilt shop - plus I had HSTs there waiting for me from the swap!  Also - re the mystery quilt I wanted to work on YESTERDAY and couldn't - because I was missing some colors - I got those!

And OMG - paid for those and son will definitely have something to say to me about this I am sure! (This after I smugly told him that I didn't NEED to go to the quilt shop - that was on the 31st! - and by the 1st I was eating my words!  I was FAIRLY good - and did put on hold the small Twister template I needed for Peggy's quiltette centerpiece, but STILL!!!!

It is often said that we begin the year with how we are to continue - and that's SCARY!  Esp. since I didn't (1) Exercise (yet), (2) Clean the kitchen other than general pickups nor the 2x15 minute declutter the living

Lunch was good though!  Althoughh I didn't eat the Schav (will probably have later this PM)

I haven't dabbled in ANYTHING garden - YET

But HEY! I DID go to the Quiltshop WITHOUT buying out the shop (no matter how much I REALLY REALLY wanted to!), I  DID go to Wallyworld to get my meds - and while I still spent a lot more than I intended - I only got 2 things that weren't on my list - one was onion powder!  I also went to the library and returned a whole big bunch of books, tapes, and only tried to order 2 dozen books - before I remembered that I had locked my keys in the car - and my library card was attached to my keys.  After I got the keys out of the ignition - I only ordered 6 books that are tried and true favorites of mine (D. E. Stevenson books - and I LOVE them!)

Now I'm home (after inhaling a fish sandwich from MickeyD.) and will be baking my fish, and currently baking potatoes and the pumpkin slice and so on!  Next up - Yoga exercise (15 minutes) then a 15 minute living room declutter, then the kitchen clean up - which is already straight - BUT needs things done to it! which will take up probably 15 minutes.  By then dinner should be ready. (notice how I'm avoiding the living room!)  Then after I get dishes done - it will be time for the second living room declutter!

Garden stuff can wait for tomorrow - but strips are to be cut today for the quilts!  Same for Threadhead binding (so I can announce a COMPLETE flimsy finish - only I think I already counted the backing - not sure - I have to check!)
......................................
EVEN LATER...........
Did exercise - was NOT as limber as I thought I was and suspect I will realize just how much not as limber I am tomorrow!!!!  :o(

Kitchen also picked up, dishwasher emptied and stuff put in it.  Dinner  is taking a bit longer than what I had hoped (it's 815 here and I'm HUNGRY!!!!)  Going to do a major re-do on living room tomorrow (notice - I TOLD you I was avoiding that room! It is just that I have furniture to move around - and then son's remodeling stuff to figure out WHERE I am going to put it! and then new DESK area to set up and STUDY table to set up.... and..... and.....

Also in kitchen - counters cleaned off and appliances wiped off already.  Skip the bread for tonight!

Tomorrow I HAVE to get new tires!  This is a REQUIRED thing!!!!



No comments:

Followers