Thursday, January 10, 2013

Quiltathon - Day 1


This, of course, is provided I don't get called in to teach today!  Or that (more usually) my son doesn't call me with a half dozen "mom please do" items - which is actually more probable - and vitally necessary!

OVERALL GOALS FOR QUILTATHON 

  1. Free Motion quilt on Nicole's Couch Quilt (Saturday)
  2. Walking foot on Fancy Flowers  (Thursday)
  3. Arizona Skies (Friday evening - poss - hopefully Fri day)
  4. QOV - Scrap Basket Blues  (Daily) 
  5. Twister mini quilt (Friday evening)
  6. LE - Christmas Ribbons (ongoing)
  7. Easy Street - make more progress - hopefully AT LEAST through step 2
  8. Finish the Walking Foot quilting sampler (aka Baby changing pad #1) (Thursday)
  9. Begin sampler for Walking Foot #2 (from 31 days) (daily)
  10. Sampler blocks (IF POSS on Sunday)
  11. Hexies - this is my take-along - to RMV, any place I will have waiting time
  12. If possible - Quilting Tizzy's Mystery Medallion 

TODAY'S PORTION OF THE QUILTATHON 
QOV - SBBlues - press, size, sew into blocks if possible 

Walking Foot quilting sampler (Baby changing pad #1) - finish




Get WF quilting sampler #2 ready for quilting
Fancy Flowers - finish and get ready for binding
LE - Christmas Ribbons
IF possible - Easy Street. - complete step 1, step 2

MENU FOR TODAY

B: Rolled oats with apple, cinnamon, brown sugar, butter
L: LO casserole of some sort (look in refrig, then freezer)
D: The stir fry I didn't fix last night! with cabbage - and go through lo veggies.
...............................................................................
First break - FINALLY finished pressing the QOV blocks - AND taking apart those that didn't quite work right (WHY can't I sew folded corners so the corners are STRAIGHT with the bottom part of the block!!!!!!)  Also started trimming and "standardizing" the size of the blocks (was SUPPOSED to be 6.5" for each quarter - I'm going with 6.25" and hoping that works!)  Taking a cottage cheese mid-morning break (may also snack on peanut butter filled apple too!)  Wanting a caffeine fix as well - esp a hot mocha! which I am NOT going to have since I'm wired enough as it is!
...................................
Lunch break - decided to get car inspection done while on lunch break (bought food from McD's) and so took my hexies with me so I could feel virtuous about this being a quiltathon!  LOL - they were done with the inspection before I every finished unpacking my hexie shoe box! Let alone figuring out WHERE I put the needle threader! LOL  Now I know where to go everytime I have my car inspected!
......................................


2 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Wow...that is quite a list of tasks to complete...you are very organized!

Helen said...

LOL - not really. In fact I use my blog to TRY to help me keep organized! Re number of projects - I have a LOT of "almost" quilts! which makes things look like more than they really are! Plus some of the quilts (QOV for instance) I'm only setting up in stages.

Followers