Monday, January 14, 2013

Design Wall for Week 2 - 01-14-13


Hand piece
Hexies
Binding - The Mini Twister quiltlet once it has been quilted.  Same for Fancy Flowers placemats for my dd! NEXT week I will do binding on son and dil's quilt!

LE project
Christmas Ribbons - the LE project for this month at least!
 Machine Quilting - Free Motion Quilting
Nathan and Lynn's quilt
 Machine Quilting - Walking Foot
The First Sampler - almost done! Will finish and bind

The Second Mini Sampler for WF sampler 

Fancy Flowers - promised to my daughter
 The Mini Twister (promised to a friend) will go here

Baby Quilt #2
 Piecing

Wendy's QOV - needs borders and that is that!
Mini Twister - I need to remove black binding and cut down the beige binding which is entirely too wide - make it 1.25 inches UF as opposed to the current 2.5 UF

Here you can see the wider binding - and it just does NOT lend enough eye appeal because it is too wide..  Less is more in this situation!
Two of the blocks of the QOV - I need to put all in rows - then because of the size  of the quilt AND also because of the Scrappiness of it all - they will need most defnitely to have a border.  Red I think - which should really bring out some of the inner fabric variations.  Border to be the same width as the strips (2.5 inches - essentially).  The "jog" in the blocks REALLY bothers me - A LOT!  Not sure what I screwed up on - but I showed Wendy and she thinks there really won't be a problem once it is quilted.
 Sewing - THIS is a frustrating category - because I HAVEN'T!  So - I have decided several things - see the next post!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh my, lots of projects and pretty fabric choices!!

karen said...

Nice to see, that you have lots to be working on, just like me!

Followers