Monday, January 14, 2013

It is NO secret that........

Sewing time - as opposed to quilting - and house cleaning and - well, it seems almost everything else under the sun, seems to be REALLY hard for me to find time.  The wierd thing is that I ENJOY sewing!  A LOT!  It goes fast (usually) and I don't really have time to get bored, frustrated with it before it's done!  Result is that over several years I accumulated a LOT of patterns!  Now - I was sewing all that time - but - like fabric is to someone who REALLY likes fabric - like me! - patterns (as well as fabric) are to someone who enjoys sewing A LOT!  Result - not only do I have a LOT of unused patterns (most - not all - are somewhat timeless), but I also have the fabric (non-quilting type) for MOST of the fabrics sitting on my shelves taking up at least half of each color group of the quilting fabric stash!

Now - I can NOT allow that!  Therefore I must do SOMETHING about it all!

At the same time - my wardrobe (with exception of the clothing that Lynn and I got during one wild shopping spree last fall - which was WONDERFUL!) is definitely showing the stress!

And I'm sick of most (not all) of what I have!

Options are:

  1. Inherit a million or so, dump all my present clothing - and go SHOP!
  2. DON'T inherit a million - but identify precisely WHAT I need to get and get piecemeal throughout the year.  A much wiser and more probable solution 
  3. Just wear what I have until it literally falls apart off my body.  I have a black jacket which may fall into this category! Not that it's old - just it was cheaply made - and I have washed it - A LOT!  It is literally falling apart!  Pockets have been the first to go - and the lining is not far behind (yes, I CAN do repairs and replace the lining - and may do that!)
  4. Since I have the fabrics AND the patterns already - and since Wally world generally runs 2 or more years BEHIND Vogue anyway - I can sew the new items in question.  And replace only what I absolutely need to.
However thus far - I haven't.  So - one option open is to declare - at least in my own life - a SEWING day - just for working on a pattern - just for me.  And which will PROBABLY be Sunday.  

The OTHER new page is Judy L's On the Needles - only I've got that scheduled (hopefully I will actually do it - hopefully!) for quilt it and finish it up day!  So for me at least - I'm putting my On the Needles day as Wednesdays.

Which is a good thing since this way I will hopefully NOT get burned out (like I have several times) on quilting - or really any one thing.  

No comments:

Followers