Tuesday, January 29, 2013

What's for Dinner? What's Cookin'?

Tomorrow is the What's Cookin' linkup!  Our assignment this week was Tofu.  I found some REALLY great recipes over on the Allrecipes.com site - but in terms of time (734 and I'm REALLY tired!) decided to go with my old standby - grilled tofu and tomato in Pita bread!

This is soooooooooooooooo easy!


I sliced some firm tofu, set it on a hot oiled griddle and started cooking.  I also sliced up a few onions and green peppers and grilled those as well (hey - it's MY sandwich and I like the flavor!).  The tomato I sliced and chopped up into smaller pieces (this is winter and these are HOT HOUSE tomatoes!  Beware!  They bounce!)
 I also sliced a Pita bread in half and heated it as well (actually on top of the grilling items) so it would be easy to maneuver.

And because my family is a bunch of cheesaholics - I grated up a little Muenster.  Usually I prefer Pepperjack - but I didn't have that!  And I didn't want cheddar!

I was also out of mushrooms - which are a sometimes item as well

Then I flipped the tofu slices over (as well as the grilling onions and peppers) and spread a little mustard on there.  It's a LOT better with Dijon mustard because Tofu is very bland - and this will help a LOT!  You can also add some soy sauce at this point if you don't use mustard!

When all is brown, place everything in the Pita slices and enjoy!

I like to serve with either a tossed salad (which I had already eaten!) or with some soup - like Miso soup which I really like.

No comments:

Followers